PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to keep up the pretence

Littlemisslost
05-12-14, 18:47
Hey guys, I'm trying this place out as a source of support. In a nutshell I'm in a familiar (although not for years has it been to this degree) place of absolute and utter overwhelming depression. It's at a stage of complete all consuming low. Although I recently became single I was coping well, it was my choice but BAM depression has it's grip again. I've tried to get a GP appointment but haven't been able to get time off work and keep the 'game face' on. I'm not really sure where to turn now! It's been a few desperately dark days. I'm lacking the ability to think straight to get myself out of the pit. I feel like a drain on friends and I'm finding it difficult to keep my head above water with my children. Like I'm juggling so much but nothing can be reduced. Any ideas where to start are welcome.

Jenwales
05-12-14, 19:52
Try emailing or calling the samaritans. Or try the self-help links online for depression
free video on here might help you until you can get an appointment:
http://www.llttf.com/

Littlemisslost
05-12-14, 19:57
Thanks Jen! I'm struggling to talk, I've just tried to email the GP office to see if I can maybe get my desperation across!

Jenwales
06-12-14, 10:29
I know how it feels to feel stuck and I'm feeling quite bad myself right now. Hope you get the help and support that you need.

kristaok
06-12-14, 19:13
If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to shoot me a message! I'm all ears!

I know what it's like to be overwhelmingly depressed. Depression and anxiety is not easy, but believe me hun it gets better! God bless you! Don't give up hope! Find a good novel to read and just imagine to your hearts content. A good therapy for me is playing the life simulator game called The Sims 3 or 4. :)