PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis

Tally
06-01-07, 16:32
Hi
Has anyone used hypnosis for their anxiety, I am thinking of going to see someone to help with the feeling that I cannot breathe and other thoughts but that is the main one.
Any thoughts??
thanks

jo61
06-01-07, 16:35
Hi Tally I have no experience of hypnosis but have read a lot aboaut it and it can be a powerful tool in the management of anxiety. If you do go ahead, do keep us posted.

Love Jo xx

suzy1984
06-01-07, 17:10
Hi Tally
I had one session of hypnosis to help with anxiety, the session was recorded & I had to listen to the tape it every day. I found it relaxing but it hasn't really helped my anxiety if im honest. oh cost about £60 for an hour & a half too so quite pricey!! Give it a try though it might work for you. Good luck!
Love
Suzy xx:)

bernadette
06-01-07, 17:25
hi i tred hypnose but it didnt work for me but everyone is diffrent so just have a go and try it for your self love bernadette

honeybee3939
06-01-07, 17:51
Hi Tally

I had 3 sessions of Hypnosis last year, i felt as if it did help, i accomplished so much last year but over the christmas period i have had a setback, i am think of booking a couple more sessions to see if it will help me get back on track again.

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Melina
06-01-07, 18:07
Hi Tally
I tried hypnosis for anxiety, as well as confidence etc I had four sessions about 6 months ago and it helped for a while but I think I need regular 'top ups'. For me personally, I dont think that I was able to utilise it to its fullest, because I could not get into a totally relaxed state when being put under. I was still very alert and nervy when the hypnotist was counting me down for instance. The next time I think it might be an idea to go to a yoga class firstly to help relax me

I have friends who have used it for giving up smoking and other phobias and it has worked for them

Tally
06-01-07, 18:13
Thanks for all your replies, I am going to give it a go and will keep you posted on how it goes.
Many many thanks

honeybee3939
06-01-07, 18:39
Tally

Dont no if you have seen this link but theres some great imformation about Hypnosis

How Hypnotherapy can help with Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=hypnotherapy)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

sandlin
06-01-07, 19:15
HI

i WENT TO HYPNOSIS AND FOUND IT WAS USEFUL FOR A DAY OR SO AFTER EACH SESSION BUT I DIDNT GET ANY BETTER OVERALL

LINDA

bb01234
08-01-07, 03:54
If I might add some perspective here since it's easy to put all hypnotherapists in one box wheras there are 2 distinct types of hypnotherapy, clinical and analytical.

With clinical a 'therapist' will in effect read you a script that will 'tell' you to get better or suchlike. This is like a real-time tape recording.

With the second type, analytical, the therapist will take you back through your unconscious mind to the places where your underlying causes for the current prevailing symptoms occured. It can be from releasing them that you can effect a change.

So it might be that you have all/some had the unfortunate occurance of going to the wrong therapists who were not able to explain to you their own professional limitations, or perhaps it was that more than one issue required resolution.

I would suggest that analytical hypnotherapy, CBT or other fast working cures that work WITH your u/c mind not AT your mind are better most times.

Can't do much about the price. Put to one side for a moment whether you can afford it, what price do you put on being clear of your problem?

Also factor in the amount of books that you might have read and tablets taken to deal with the problem, these add up also. And also assuming you get the results you want, what of the long-term benefits, since we all know people in their 60's that are still stuck.

Now, if the therapist can resolve that for you, should they not be paid a fair rate?

£60.00 sounds cheap to me and most don't have a full diary which means can't just drop their fees because people can't afford their services.

Regards

Brian