PDA

View Full Version : Golf ball.

zippy
06-12-14, 15:47
I have a constant gnawing ache in my upper right back, it feels like a golf ball in my back. I keep feeling sick and burping alot. I keep worrying it's my lungs or my liver. Anyone else ever had that?

Trueman
06-12-14, 16:55
Actually I get this. My GP once said it could be the natural effect of anxiety in the throat called Globus Hystericus. It's part of the 'fight or flight' syndrome I think.

However, this symptom persisted for a bit and more recently a GP has been checking out my thyroid and I may have issues. I will get an enlarged thyroid which can contribute to that feeling as well. You can get an enlarged thyroid when you are run down or fighting an infection.

I suspect its the anxiety though. As is usually the case with me too ;)

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Oh sorry I thought you meant the throat.. my apologies!

zippy
06-12-14, 18:37
No its in my upper back and seems to be worse when i eat. It feels like i can feel food going down the bit that aches (don't know if that makes sense)

Trueman
06-12-14, 19:58
I have been suffering from a really annoying and sometimes extremely painful ache in the middle upper back (sometimes leaning to right) behind the bra strap area.

This has been causing me a lot of anxiety as well. I think it is connected to my gastric reflux. Been on tablets for years. I burp a lot. But I have been worrying about lung/heart issues. It's hard not to. But well, all the GP's think it is related to gastric reflux and if you go on the forum there they seem to have very similar problems despite medication.

Sometimes I find a heat patch on the upper back helps.

zippy
06-12-14, 20:31
I had acid problems a few years ago and had to take omeprazole but this doesn't feel the same. I know i have a gallstone but i have had it for years with no symptoms.