PDA

View Full Version : What does your HR go up to in a panic?

Trueman
06-12-14, 16:25
Hi,

I was just wondering whether my heart rate that has been known to go up to around 130 in extreme 'panic mode' is typical elevation? I do get panicky even when it is just around 100 but the worst cases are usually higher.

Is it a normal thing to have your heart rate go so high with the 'panic' ? (even though I can swear I am feeling completely normal just before this HR increases).

It just amazes me that this can happen out of nowhere and really cause an increase in HR so rapidly. It means you are constantly thinking there must be another reason.. :unsure:

hanshan
07-12-14, 03:58
It's normal for heartrate to vary considerably over the day, so a temporary rate of 130 bpm would be okay if it didn't last long.

A continual rate that never drops below 100 bpm should definitely be investigated by a doctor.

xBettyBoopx
07-12-14, 04:15
Mine goes so fast sometimes that I actually can't count it! It's then that I think it's over 200bpm. It can't do any harm though because I've had panic attacks for 39 years!!

I want to come on here one day in the not to distant future and tell everyone that I'm cured and having a wonderful time :yesyes::yesyes: