PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety just won't leave

elik
06-12-14, 19:14
Hi,

I'm struggling immensely with anxiety. My mind won't stop with intrusive thoughts, I have tried all methods (not to fight it, not to look into,etc) but it's still there making me incredibly uncomfortable. I am desperate to push past this and continue with my life but I am finding it overwhelming. Any advice would be much appreciated, I can't keep this up much longer without seeing results.

Thanks

hanshan
07-12-14, 03:54
Hello Elik,

Are you taking any medication or having any course of treatment? This level of anxiety needs ongoing help.

Jayamashey
07-12-14, 04:15
Hi Elik,

I have been where you are and it is tough. The intrusive thoughts were terrible and my mind would be focused on them all day / everyday. First I would try to elicit any help you can to work through this. I tried meds (but didn't work) and have been actively going through different therapies to try to resolve all this.

As simplistic as it sounds the most beneficial thing for me have been acceptance of the symptoms (not fighting, not tensing up when they are around). This took me months to learn as I thought I was accepting when I really was fighting them. Once I learned to accept even for short periods I started to see a change, not immediately, but shortly after the accepting.

I also learned to deal with my worry and fear. At times I would just tell it "not now" and try to carry on. Another thing that has been helpful is telling it to hit you all now for a short period of time (20 seconds). So it has 20 seconds to do its worst then you will just let it be and focus on something else ...... no matter how uncomfortable it feels.

Hope this helps,

elik
07-12-14, 16:20
Thank you jayamashey I will try this :)