PDA

View Full Version : One step forward two steps back... And back again

bingjam
06-12-14, 21:11
Why does anxiety always get better then considerably worse again??

Things that worry me when my anxiety is sky hight don't worry me when my anxiety is low.

It always seems that this time if year makes my anxiety too high for me to control, like I've got pains at the very bottom of my skull and around my eyes and in my throat and I'm worrying tha it's serious, and I can't make my mind register tha it's nothing serious if that makes sense?!?

I feel like I'm just sitting here on the verge on a panic attac all the time, how do I know that what I'm experiencing isn't anxiety and its something more serious??

Blah!!! I jut wish I can snap out of it and be like any other normal 24 year old woman, but I'm constantly living on fear... My agoraphobia is creeping back in as I'm too afraid to go out incase I drop dead...

I'm just fed up of being scared all the time, but don't want pills to make me feel normal again, I want to beat it by myself, I've brought books tried relaxation techniques but nothing is working for me,

Anyone it any tips that really worked for them so I can attempt to make my life that little easier?!?

lavender123
06-12-14, 22:06
Have you read claire weekes books and tapes, as I am going throught he some thing again, feel lost and scared, I read the books and they have helped in the past, as when I go to the doctors who he says is you need to have counselling again, so I am trying to help myself. I hope you feel better soon.:)

James1983
06-12-14, 23:35

Things that worry me when my anxiety is sky hight don't worry me when my anxiety is low.

It always seems that this time if year makes my anxiety too high for me to control, like I've got pains at the very bottom of my skull and around my eyes and in my throat and I'm worrying tha it's serious, and I can't make my mind register tha it's nothing serious if that makes sense?!?

I feel like I'm just sitting here on the verge on a panic attac all the time, how do I know that what I'm experiencing isn't anxiety and its something more serious??

Blah!!! I jut wish I can snap out of it and be like any other normal 24 year old woman, but I'm constantly living on fear... My agoraphobia is creeping back in as I'm too afraid to go out incase I drop dead...

I'm just fed up of being scared all the time, but don't want pills to make me feel normal again, I want to beat it by myself, I've brought books tried relaxation techniques but nothing is working for me,

Anyone it any tips that really worked for them so I can attempt to make my life that little easier?!?

try not to worry bingjam your head pains sound like classic stress symptoms. if it goes away you know it is anxiety. don't automatically assume the worst.

you are normal dont worry about that.

i really admire you for not going down the medication route. i ran for tablets as soon as i went to the dr for the first time. you are stronger and braver than you think.:bighug1:

CA88
06-12-14, 23:49

I know I'm a fine one to talk with my last post about slipping back, but over the past few months, I've managed to improve considerably from where I started off when this anxiety hit me.

I too didn't want to use medication, and I found a very useful bit of advice about stopping the panic attacks - face them! Horrible, but it does work!

If you feel on the edge of a panic attack, say to that annoying niggly part of your brain that tells you things are wrong etc 'Bring it on! Lets have a panic attack, I don't care, I know it'll be fine!'

Now since I started doing that, it has only really ever half developed into a panic attack. It helped me fix my agrophobia, because going out, I would just say 'I don't care. If I have a panic attack, I do, and I'll face it, and i'll stay exactly where I am until it goes away' It wasn't easy, because I'm always convinced i'm about to drop dead, but I stopped fearing those places I feared.

Now I just need to kick the health anxiety bit in the balls, somehow, too!

bingjam
09-12-14, 11:38
Hi thank you all for te replies,

I do have some books on anxiety/ panic attack but don't have one with the author you said even though I was looking at that one but decided to go for a different one, which to be honest is very in depth and sort of confusing?!?

I'll purchase one of the Clair weekes books off amazon now...

I know they are panic attacks and I know they can't harm me but they still terrify me, Ieven though I've had them for years...

Thanks again fr your replies and the reassurance x

SOBAY310
09-12-14, 21:31
Hi bingjam,

I think we are similar. I am always consumed about the thought of anxiety and having a panic attack, but the attacks don't really surface. It's just having it on my mind all day long drains me and makes me irritable.

It's sad because whenever I'm asked to do something or go somewhere the first thing I think about is a potential attack and I lose my excitement in going or doing whatever it is.

Some days I'm great and others are miserable. It's great when we are distracted and we realize we've been worry free...if even for a few minutes. One day we will always feel like that, I just know it. Time will numb this stupid anxiety thought.

courierdude
09-12-14, 22:29
do you have a cold bingjam? changes in air pressure will affect your sinuses and can easily trigger a headache. tooth pain or a head ache caused by a damaged or decayed tooth that you are unaware of? you should be able to pin point the cause of a headache depending on whereabouts on/in your head it is.

with regards to not going out for the fear of dropping dead-i would rather be outside where people could help me if i were to become suddenly dangerously ill so dont let it stop you from venturing outside.

bingjam
13-12-14, 01:50
Hi sorry only just seen all of your replies

The next day I woke up with a swollen gland in my throat which wasn't pleasent but I had no pain, then the next day I woke up unable to move my tongue as it was that painful, haven't been able to speak properly for a few days but the pain is easing

So I guess it was my body's way of tellin me I was coming down with something

Funny I felt better feeling ill than when I have anxiety symptoms which is weird

---------- Post added at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Oh to add I'm back to my normal anxious self now I'm feeling better... When I say normal... You know what I mean ��

---------- Post added at 01:50 ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 ----------

do you have a cold bingjam? changes in air pressure will affect your sinuses and can easily trigger a headache. tooth pain or a head ache caused by a damaged or decayed tooth that you are unaware of? you should be able to pin point the cause of a headache depending on whereabouts on/in your head it is.

with regards to not going out for the fear of dropping dead-i would rather be outside where people could help me if i were to become suddenly dangerously ill so dont let it stop you from venturing outside.

That's a good point but I'd be embarrassed that probably sounds crazy but when I have a panic attack I don't like being around people I want to be alone, but good point about having people there to help if something did happen, put a different look at it for me.... Thanks

jenjen2309
13-12-14, 19:21
I feel like this too. Was having at least 2 panic attacks 3 weeks ago and have been okay this past week but today I have really bad ear ache and headache and panic attacks have started again.
I also get bad this time of year and the long dark nights make me worse.
I find meditation music helpful x