PDA

View Full Version : uterine polyp

sandycat
06-12-14, 23:03
Hi, I'm new to this board but not health anxiety. :(
I'm 43 and not on the pill. I've been having spotting for over 2 or 3 years. The spotting occurred almost always after my period ended and then stopped after mid-cycle. I had an ultrasound about 1.5 yrs ago and it showed nothing. So, after getting quite nervous about the spotting again a few months ago, my regular doctor referred me to a gyn. I had another ultrasound which showed what they think is a polyp. A little over 2 weeks ago I had a d&C and hysteroscopy to remove the polyp and do a biopsy, but there was a bit of an issue at the beginning of the procedure so they had to stop and weren't able to do the endometrial biopsy or remove the polyp. Now I have to have another op for the same procedure in about 2 months.

So, I think I just finished my period, but I'm not sure. I'm on day 7 of my cycle. I'm getting light brown watery discharge with small clots. No odor. Sorry, tmi! I know this can be a symptom of uterine polyps, but also of things more scary. I'm in a panic over this. I no longer feel like I know what is normal and what isn't. Could this still be my normal period? Can anyone relate? I have read past message board posts which have been incredibly helpful. Thank you so much!