PDA

View Full Version : Why here ...

mel1972
07-12-14, 00:30
I've just been on holiday for a week in the caribbean and before I went i was worried about falling Ill and needing treatment! I didn't need treatment and didn't suffer any anxiety on holiday!
Tonight is my first night back at home at boom more worrying that something's wrong!
Does anyone think the same surroundings increase anxiety too?
Today I've got DVT I have a couple of VV I wore my flight socks and removed them an hour before we landed and now although I have no swelling, redness or pain (just what I call anxiety niggles) (not real pain) Its gonna happen!
I have put off coming to bed but now in bed wallop welcome the anxiety!
I really do think its all in the head but wondered if anyone helps thinks the location can be the cause! / on guard for it all the time xx
Just can't do this anymore .. So should moving be a possibility?

hanshan
07-12-14, 03:05
I believe that living in the same surroundings can contribute to anxiety if the anxiety has been building up over a long time and is linked to where you are. A change of address can help with a fresh approach to life.

However, moving itself is stressful, and it's not something you can do every week.

So, if you think about moves in terms of years spent in a place, then moving may be helpful.

mel1972
07-12-14, 06:12
Thank you for your response, moving is drastic and stressful I understand
Bur maybe will help mentally with that fear of having another attack in the evening / night!!!
I'm just trying to help myself from this constant battle of being ill x
I hate boring people with my issues on here. And I hate this feeling of something is going to happen to me and being scared and lonely

hanshan
07-12-14, 06:32
Moving is related to the "fight or flight" response to fear-provoking situations. When suffering from anxiety, a move to a new location pops up as a solution to the anxiety. In some cases that may be true (for a while, at least). In others, the anxiety simply follows to the new location.

Overall, it's best to deal with anxiety where you are, and treat any improvement from a move as a bonus.