PDA

View Full Version : feeling scared

kelly12
07-12-14, 08:51
Last night was terrible....I went to bed I was a little on edge but managed to distract from it and fell asleep then an hour later I woke up my heart was going very fast and I couldnt bring it back down for ages. I panicked even more and was worrying I was going to have a heart attack if it doesnt come down. I then felt faint and generally awfull to the point i dialed for an amberlance but then thought Ill see if i can bring my heart rate down myself. So i lay on sofa with feelings of dread and waves of panic coming and going and took a propanolol and eventually 2 hrs later fell asleep then went to bed. I got up this morning and took another propanolol. I dont feel too bad im at work but feel a little rough...Just scared I dont wanna feel like that again. I had some wine yesterday I was thinking could this have triggered this off? but i did wake up wih a funny head yesterday kinda knew it was gonna be a bad day.:mad:

Bintybewt
09-12-14, 22:07
I had a few glasses of wine in works party I was fine all night but day after I was on edge n had mild panic attacks all day so iv avoided drink all together I know it's Christmas but I'd rather be happy n not have panics than drink n be miserable hope you be ok lv x

H.Daniel
12-12-14, 19:55
Alcohol can be a trigger for anxiety and panic attacks but when consumed on a regular basis and in big volumes. If you had only one glass of wine I doubt that was the trigger. Sometimes the triggers can be really hard to recognize.

I don't think you have any heart problems, your health anxiety is giving you those symptoms. The best way to overcome it is by learning and applying relaxation techniques, breathing exercises and positive thinking.

You can find a lot of useful methods like that online but you must understand that you need time to learn and master those methods so you can benefit from the results.

Take care and stay positive!

courierdude
12-12-14, 22:33
alcohol has always acted as a sedative for me during a panic attack-though i recognise that the disorientating effect of alcohol can sometimes make you feel like you have lost control and bring on a panic.

just wanted to chime in about your meds. are you not taking propranalol as a course or do you just take them when you feel like it? you know that they are most effective when taken as a course and help your to train your brain during a panic. i wouldnt bother relying on them by just taking if and when need as you'll soon build up a tolerance and will asking for something stronger next which will only lead to more complex issues such as side effects.