PDA

View Full Version : stomach??

zippy
07-12-14, 18:45
I am worried about a pain in my right shoulder blade area. I've had it a few weeks. It's there most of the time but when i have food i can feel it passing the back ache part (if that makes sense) When i have food i burp alot and feel full quicker than normal but burping isn't easing the back ache. Had my FBC bloods done last week and LFT and they were ok.

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

I feel like i can't breath properly either and like my chest/back is burning.

CA88
07-12-14, 19:58
Is the pain worse if you eat a particularly fatty/rich meal?

Only reason I ask, gallstones can lead to the symptoms you describe, and is commonly known the pain from here radiates to the right shoulder..

zippy
07-12-14, 20:02
Hi i haven't noticed it's worse with particular foods. I know i have a gallstone which i know has been there for at least 12 yrs but it's not very big about 2cm i think.

CA88
07-12-14, 20:05
The problem with galstones comes when they move and block a duct. that is when they start to cause pain. Keep a diary of what you are eating, as it could be related

zippy
07-12-14, 20:12
Ok i will see my gp on Wednesday so i will see what she says.
Have you had gallstone trouble before?

CA88
07-12-14, 20:22
Not personally, but I saw my mum suffering for months before she was diagnosed. Her pain got so bad she was convinced she was having a heart attack at times, especially at night times.

Now for my mum, who is pretty impervious to pain for her to phone up crying in pain was quite something.

zippy
07-12-14, 20:25
I feel like i can't breath properly but i can, it feels sort of cold in the back of my throat too.