PDA

View Full Version : Phimosis.

cjemc
07-12-14, 15:56
I need help with this, has anyone any knowledge or personal experience of what happens at a first GP appointment with this complaint? I.E. Do they physically examine you or do you just explain to them? Will they say a circumsison is a must?

Pipkin
07-12-14, 18:08
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Pip

Gotagetthroughthis
07-12-14, 18:34
Hi Callumcco,

I do have some experience of this. The doctor will probably want to see the issue just to see how tight/severe it is, if you know what I mean. They would need to see it for them to be able to refer you on to the Urology department. They then may suggest trying to stretch the skin and using some creams but if this doesn't work then circumcision is an option. There are also other options such as partial circumcision where just a small cut is made to loosen the foreskin rather than having a full circumcision.

If you any more questions feel free to ask.