PDA

View Full Version : please help :-(

spacebunnyx
08-12-14, 09:32
Hi,

A posted a couple of weeks ago about weird visual prob in one eye (night blindness). Went to ophthalmologist via gp who wants me to have an mri in the next two weeks (apt on 21st).
Thing is I've also been having a whooshing/pulsing sound when I stand up in my left ear for last month. This is making me v anxious. I didn't mention this to the dr as I didn't think it was relevant at the time.

Now I'm worried I'm going to drop down dead with a stroke. :-(
Dr ordered mri without contrast, I think I should have one with contrast... To see blood vessels. I'm incredibly anxious... To top it off having embryo transfer tomorrow for ivf and am on steroids.

Am I being irrational? Is it worth me contacting the dr to let him know about the whooshing or should I just wait? I know you're not dr's but I'm worried in losing perspective. What do you think would be the right way to deal with this situation?

Thank you

Space

venusbluejeans
08-12-14, 10:26
you have to trust the doctors, the symptoms 'wooshing' could be because you are anxious about it.

Have the scan and trust your dr about what they are looking for, they are the professionals.

if your symptoms get worse and you are worried about them then go to your gp.

good luck with the ivf :)

spacebunnyx
08-12-14, 21:35
Thanks Venus.

I keep re-reading your post to try to get a sensible message to myself! I know I have to trust my doctors, I think the steroids and other meds I've taken for ivf are making go a bit loopy! Its not helped by the fact that we *know* I have some kind of autoimmune thing going on - I have high levels of antinuclear antibodies - hence the steroids... And tbh the most likely major illness I *could* have is ms (hence the MRI in a week or so) but I'm not scared of ms!

Its so stupid the anxiety... :-(

Thank you xxx