PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a fungal infection?

opatropa
08-12-14, 10:00
Hello,

I have a few symptoms that are causing me some discomfort.

First of all, my throat feels tight and I have to constantly clear it. It makes breathing somehow difficult. I can take a full breath without any pain, but it's kind of forcing it. My nose is always stuffy.

I also noticed that the area on the right of my adam's apple it tender and when my jacket touches it, it hurts. Not severe pain, but enough to bug me.

This started 3 months ago after taking antibiotics (Ciprofloxacin) and are not constant, but seem to worsen when it's raining outside or a few days after that. I also have mild headaches.

ENT doctor told me a month ago that my mucosa is swollen, but did not test it for bacteria. I had an X-Ray for sinusitis, came negative. My tongue seems white, but i'm not sure if it was less white before.

All of this makes me think of fungal infection. Any opinions?

venusbluejeans
08-12-14, 10:21
if you are worried then make another appointment with your dr to reassure you

opatropa
08-12-14, 10:24
Ok, but I wonder what kind of doctor do I need ? Blood tests? ENT ?

MrAndy
08-12-14, 10:25
a gp can diagnose a fungal infection,its not unusual to have one after taking Ciprofloxacin

opatropa
08-12-14, 10:30
I've been to my gp since then, she said I have an infection and gave me levoxa (same group as cipro, a little bit stronger), which gave me severe allergic reaction and i stopped taking it. I believe they only know how to treat with antibiotics.. :D

MrAndy
08-12-14, 10:44
its worth taking a good probiotic for a month after a course of antibiotics