PDA

View Full Version : New Relationship

MikeyT
08-12-14, 12:40
Hi All
Not been around for a while, so I hope you are all doing well.

Suffered on an off for a number of years, but always particularly at this time of year, why because the last really bad episode I had started at Christmas, so a bad memory to shake off. So anxiety a little hightened at this time of year for me.

So the reason for my post is that I have recently been chatting with someone new online and we met in person for the first time this weekend, took myself by surprise, as it was a spur of the moment thing to meet didn't have time to dwell, I was nervous on the way, which I know should be normal, but this should be felt as a positive energy etc

It was a nice afternoon, walked her dog, had a cuppa in a nice little pub and chatted and chatted, we got on well and have fun texting each other.

Because I want to be open and honest, which is all she has asked for, I feel I want to tell her about the anxiety, so she knows everything, if she then decides that it's not for her, then at least I have been true to myself because I decided to stop hiding it so I could try and take control back.

I'm not looking for to her as a crutch or a therapist.

So as usual with probably a lot of people here, I am over thinking this, should I just go with the flow for now.

Mike

MrAndy
08-12-14, 12:56
go with the flow until it gets serious ,why stand the chance of spoiling something good for now

MikeyT
08-12-14, 13:05
Hi MrAndy

The difficulty is hiding them for now, ie social situations etc etc

frazm88
08-12-14, 13:21
do you think the anxiety will cause issues in the future?

If so it maybe best to let her know and then at least you don't find yourself having to explain yourself...?

MrAndy
08-12-14, 13:56
its ultimately your choice but if it interferes with future dates tell her casually but dont make big thing of it