PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Neighbours

adamaudio
08-12-14, 13:20
We are still living next door (either side!) of some terrible neighbours that seem to be jealous of the improvements to our property.

We live in a line of properties in the Cotswolds, facing out to a wonderful view, into a valley, overlooking a horse field (theirs again too!).

We have had disputes due to them being basically awkward in the past, and they have apologised, and we think they always are wanting our property as we are in the middle. They usually leave us alone but the atmosphere is tense, so we usually stay apart.

However now, for the last 2 months, they have decided to empty dirt/wood chippings infront of our view, (with a dumper truck) blocking it completely but not the other two properties (theirs) have been left un-touched, - but its technically on their land.

Is there anything I can do about this? It doesn't seem fair, and they have literally just left it. Hoping maybe that we would kick off and say something.

It really is very petty and childish, but we are thinking as it gets colder that vermin/rats/mice would live in this and cause a problem that the Enviromental Health would look into?

Does anyone have any ideas how we can stop them purposely and spitefully blocking our view?

I'm not sure what other sites I could post on with regards this or do we just have to sit and stay silent looking at this?

Thank you

Adam

lior
08-12-14, 13:51
If I were you, I would do what I would do if you hadn't had any previous problems with them: approach them assuming that they are reasonable people (at least, trying your best to believe they are reasonable people).

Point it out to them that they have blocked you view, and ask them if they could please move the dirt.

If they refuse, that could be antisocial behaviour/devaluing property, which are both things that you can talk to the council about and they can get someone to come.

Avoid any arguments if you can - reasonably persuading them to do something for you is more likely to have a good result for you, than forcing them with a fight.