PDA

View Full Version : Is my medication working or not?

Catriona
08-12-14, 19:16
Hey peeps, this is only my second post on this site so apologies if it comes across as stilted but I don't know how else to phrase my problem. The long and short of it is that I don't know if my medication is working or not and quite frankly I'm fed up of wondering. I have been on 200mg of Clomipramine for going on five weeks and my agitation/agoraphobia has only ever increased over this period of time. When I went to my psychiatrist about it he increased my dosage to 250mg but I only managed to stay on that for half a week because my agitation sky-rocketed. I did have a couple of really good days (euphoric essentially) when I came down off of that dose but that was last week and now i'm just fed up. Does anybody have any advice about what I should/shouldn't do? I don't know when I am next going to be seeing my psychiatrist and I am currently attending a day hospital at my local psychiatric hospital so I do have a nurse to talk to, but I wanted to know if anyone on here has ever been in a similar situation, thanks Xx

MrAndy
08-12-14, 21:47
After 5 weeks you should have seen some improvement,tell the nurse your not happy with the meds,there are plenty of others to try
It took me a few attempts to find the right medication,once your on the right one you will definitley know

Catriona
10-12-14, 19:23
Thank you for replying :) After crying and begging to be seen by my psychiatrist he is going to take me off the clomipramine and try something else. Hopefully this time I will get the right medication