PDA

View Full Version : eventide says hello

eventide
06-01-07, 23:05
Hello everyone :)

Thought I had better come in here & give a quick introduction. I found this place when I came looking for info about the tv show 'house of agoraphobics'.

Well I've been agoraphobic for the past 5 years. I've had quite a few therapies including cbt & a few alternative type therapies too. I've gained such a lot from all of them & they have helped me in many areas of my life. It just seems though , that when it comes down to really tackling the panic & agoraphobia I get stuck. Any bad experience sends me straight back into avoidance. It's like something that I can never completely face or get to the bottom of. I've had phases of really trying to push myself, but recently i've been really keeping myself safe.

When I watched the house of agoraphobics it made me really want to challenge myself more. I also realised how important it is to have some support.Since my therapy sessions finished it's been much harder to motivate myself.

Look forward to chatting to some of you around the forum & picking up some positive tips on taking those shaky steps forward.

:) xxx

taf
06-01-07, 23:45
First of all, WELCOME! And bravo for stepping forward in your recovery as you are...yes RECOVERY fully, which I know will happen for you! Things that are hurtful to us, such as your situation with ag., really are stubborn at times, I am finding...it is like a toddler who for his own safety had his little brain tell him "ouch...don't touch that hot stove...it burned last time" and that helpful little thought gets placed. It is those little thoughts such as what you describe with the leaving the house and a painful experience which we are all learning to reprogram...much as a computer programmer tells the CPU to redirect.
I recently heard a lady here in the states tell of her story...one would never know she had ever suffered ag., but I was so wowed by her story of recovery. She talked of going through such ups and downs, and phases of her recovery, which is now full and complete!!!!!!!! Don't lose hope!!!! Best, Taf

honeybee3939
06-01-07, 23:47
Hi

And a BIG warm welocme to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way, take a look at the first step pages to help you get started.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Piglet
06-01-07, 23:57
A very big welcome to you :D:D

Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

matilda
07-01-07, 12:11
Hi Eventide and welcome to NMP like the name!!!

trac67
07-01-07, 12:11
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

kittykat
07-01-07, 14:28
Hi there

Welcome to the site, you'll find it a great help.

Take care :)

shirley xx

nomorepanic
07-01-07, 16:49
Hi Eventide

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

eventide
07-01-07, 16:59
Thank you everyone for all the lovely warm welcomes :)

Taf , it's so true, there are just so many phases to this condition & an awful lot of ups & downs. Don't worry I never give up hope , just have these phases of avoidance . Already feel positive vibes from joining this forum & ready to start pushing myself out of this latest avoidance phase.

:)xxx

taf
08-01-07, 14:22
Good going, Eventide!!!!!! Yes, this is a positive place, this forum. I feel you will really find it so helpful and comforting, as I have. I know even at work, I can sneak on, and look at the puter for encouragement, and it's a great feeling...a little life ring to help know that there are many success stories out there, and people who KNOW what we experience, and share such helpful information.
Take good care! Welcome! Love to ya, Taf