PDA

View Full Version : The mad feeling... the confusion... help :(

lj-anx
08-12-14, 22:17
Hello again all,

Having my usual foggy, brain can't remember anything, brain can't concentrate, ears don't hear anything right, brain is full of information and cannot take on anymore moment!

Wish oh wish anxiety would go away. I always feel it's even worse when it's worrying about your mental state and mind... because it's your mind playing tricks on itself :(

Anyone else feel like anxiety gives them a brain like a sieve? .... forgetting more and more these days.

Ultimate cloud brain.

Peace to everyone this evening x

Rockgirl
08-12-14, 22:33
Yep. I always thought it was just me, that I was losing the plot or something. The trouble then is once you are alert to these lovely symptoms they then become part of the worry 'what if I ...forget that detail/don't understand/can't hear' etc. It feels so obvious that your mind isn't as sharp and mentally agile as usual (not that I am superminded, it's more the absence of the norm). My main fallback tactic is writing things down when I'm like this - anyone got other ideas/coping strategies?!

lj-anx
08-12-14, 22:49
That it something I've considered... carrying a notebook to write down anything I need to remember. YES I completely agree that worrying about this has now become my main worry... I can't stop thinking about it which makes my physical symptoms stronger. I simply can't win! Brain fog is awful, but it's so comforting to feel I'm not the only one. Take care!

courierdude
09-12-14, 00:46
hey mate, i havnt had a severe brain fog like that for ages but ive lost it completely beyond comprehension a number of times. my brain absolutely feeling like it is truly and what feels like being permanently impaired! i havnt known what way im going, what i am doing and having all the physical urges too..am i hungry, do i need to go to the toilet, am i really going mad, do i want to vomit, or go to the toilet, am i going mad, i think i need some air, i need some water, am i going mad, i need to smoke a cigarette..yes im going mad. and generally stumbling around, blurry eyed ready to be carted off by a couple of mental health carers...and then im back to normal and actually the relief is a massive high for me and im happy its all over. how long do your fogs last?