PDA

View Full Version : hello from norfolk

courierdude
08-12-14, 22:21
hi, my name is neil, i am 42 year old and have been having panic attacks in bouts on and off over a period of around 15 years. i am currently experiencing a period of mildly scary incidences and thought that it is probably time i spoke to other people with similar issues and see if we might all gain a little relief through mutual understanding : )

venusbluejeans
08-12-14, 22:26
Hiya courierdude and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

ladyhawke77
08-12-14, 22:47
hello and welcome, im prone to panic attacks for years and never leave the house

courierdude
09-12-14, 00:33
hi ladyhawke, i guess that there are people who dont have anxiety issues that dont leave the house too. i make it a matter of course to get outside on days when i dont even need to. nothing like fresh air and the activity of your surroundings to put things into perspective enough to distract from our own troubling thoughts

ladyhawke77
09-12-14, 00:42
i wish i could go outside and wander about and see the things that im missing out on but i guess its a mental block stopping me but im working on getting better

Carnation
09-12-14, 01:27
Welcome Courierdude. :welcome:
I lived in Norfolk for a while, great County.
Hope you get the support you are looking for. :)

courierdude
09-12-14, 01:52
hi carnation, yeah i love it here, moved from london 5 years ago to suffolk/cambs borders and then here to norfolk on the edge of the forest just over a year ago. beautiful night skies this time of year-havnt seen so many stars in this country until i moved here.

ladyhawke-i have to say were i still in london i might not be so eager to get out for the want of open space! that is why i moved though-change of pace and be in a less stressful environment. i worry a little about things that accumulate in the home environment, fumes and odours or dust that i need to escape from sometime so i need to get out and be able to get out from wherever i am. i sort of challenge myself to get out and push myself a little. if i am having heart attack related health anxiety i feel the need to do something physical outside to push myself and tempt fate sometimes...which generally becomes distracting from my issues and the physical activity seems to consume my adrenalin and i can normalise for a while. i would highly recommend it!

ladyhawke77
09-12-14, 02:04
i try to push myself abit but i get afraid of when the panic sets in people will see it and i really hate showing my vulnerability to people as it has been used against me in the past and not just with panic attacks but my own personality as i have always been seen as too nice ect... which lead to evil been put upon me hence why im in this jail like life i guess i see the outside world as a harmful place but i know it can be wondeful but in my house all the bad mostly stays outside, i do miss been out and about and shopping for myself instead of getting people to do it for me or me doing online ect... also as i have no friends whats so ever going outside isnt appealing as it should be

Carnation
09-12-14, 02:23
Good move Courierdude.
I am also a Londoner. Unfortunately had to move back here to look after Parents. I lived in Suffolk for a few years too, then moved on to Norfolk.
Love the Big skies and the beaches. So much to do up there.
I've got to say, I was much better up there, than in rush hour London.
It definitely makes a difference to where you live.
I also agree about keeping busy. Use that adrenalin up!
Walking, gardening, sport; anything to stop those muscles twitching and shooting pains. :ohmy:

spellplague
09-12-14, 02:25
Hello from another Brit :) You've had the same idea as me of joining this site.

courierdude
09-12-14, 02:56
walking gardening sport do make those muscles twitch and ache...at during those dark moments when you capture a glance of clarity you can then justify that those aches are not heart attack but only a result of exercise..im not a health freak but i eat ok and try not to poison myself too much, but i think actually burning energy either physically or mentally just burns away any potential for panic attacks.

sorry to hear about your situation ladyhawke, on days that i have felt that way i learned that sunglasses were my best friend! just a little something to calm the light and not make you have to shy away so much. do you not have anyone who will accompany you were you to venture outside?

hi spellplague-yeah im new tonight too-not new to panic attacks or anxiety disorder

ladyhawke77
09-12-14, 03:10
i do have a partner but he doesnt understand what im going through when the panic starts i dont like to rely on anyone for help ect... but i know i have too i guess i need someone who can understand what im going through and help me step out of my prison not let me stay inside and feed my panic but with no friends or someone who knows what im going through to the wall i have that stops me from going out and been free then i be stuck like this for another 7 years though this fills me with dread i have been like this since my 30th birthday and i guess i want to be free and live my life again like i used to.. my only past times are tv shows online and facebook

courierdude
09-12-14, 03:43
what is so bad about being outside for you? do you live in a town or a city? do you have a garden or are you high in the sky?

i would first stop to view your home as a prison because it isnt really, it is your home, the place you go back to and not a place that holds you there. i mean it isnt physically your home keeping you from leaving which is what prisons are designed to do... its your home not a prison. obviously there are limits to how long one can stay in the same place for an extended time before we get bored or need to stretch our legs. id say that your challenge would be to find someone local to you who would accompany you sometime. maybe even someone in a similar situation. it does seem mean that your partner isnt willing to help you with this-is he not willing to help you outside even? does he like that you are home and feel trapped there? hey dont feel so bad about watching tv shows and spending time on facebook-you are not the only one! lots of people with no excuse spend their lives exactly the same way-as you well know. really think that you should find someone to help if your partner wont.

ladyhawke77
09-12-14, 03:57
i dont think he doesnt want to help i guess i need someone who is stronger then me in mind and spirit to make me feel its ok to go outside, i live in a town, i dont feel bad for been on facebook and watching tv shows as it passes my day in for me but im itching to get out i guess i need the key for the door if you know what i mean , i know theres nothing bad outside for me though i live in a town with my demons of my past that put me in the place im in though moving isnt ideal at the minute, my garden is small like a courtyard, im trying to find someone in my area who is like me to help me out but its like finding a needle in a haystack but i keep searching all the same... im ready for bed now, maybe we can chat again if you want to :) also thanks for taking the time to chat to me

courierdude
09-12-14, 16:58
hi ladyhawke, sorry i fell asleep myself last night. i did notice that there is the facility on here in the forum listing that allows members from specific areas to meet, have you seen it or put a request on there?

ladyhawke77
09-12-14, 17:30
hiya courierdude no i havent seen it though i think its mostly for uk mainland ect...

courierdude
09-12-14, 18:00
there are people looking for meets as far as new york from what i can see...its worth a shot to try no if youre happy to get to know a stranger with a similar problem?

ladyhawke77
09-12-14, 18:07
well im always weary of new people but i will test the waters and take it from there

courierdude
09-12-14, 18:19
it gives the option of perhaps finding someone local to talk to and if you get on and think they you might be able to help each other then it could help with your issue of leaving the house and in turn you might well be able to help them?

ladyhawke77
09-12-14, 18:23
im checking it out now and see how it goes

katy87
01-01-15, 21:58
welcome to the group x