PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety hitting the roof

morif
08-12-14, 22:33
Hi,

For the last 3 days my anxiety is at it's peak, I truly have no clue what caused this but am having hard time really. I feel that I already gone mad, due to this am unable to perform anything at my life, it feels like am stuck at my own mind and nothing in this world would assure my sanity to me.

Am really getting tired of this and can't take it anymore as this feeling makes me hesitate to do anything wither at work or doing some sports and some occasions socially with close people.

I'm currently on promazepam only (type of benzo) and unfortunately can't afford seeing my doctor. Anyone out there can help with this it will be much appreciated

hanshan
09-12-14, 03:42
Basically, you have to see your doctor, if only occasionally. Anxiety in the long run will cost you more in lost income and lost opportunities than the cost of a doctor.

Mostly, benzodiazepines are seen as a short-term fix for anxiety (although some people are taking them long-term). Have you tried an antidepressant, a beta-blocker or pregabalin? All of these can be taken long-term and can be helpful for anxiety.

In your area, is there a self-help group where you can talk about your anxiety with other sufferers at little or no cost? Sharing your experiences in this way can be helpful.

morif
09-12-14, 21:58
Thanks for your post hanshan.

In fact I've been on SNRI before and felt much better while on it. Unfortunately I decided to abrupt it and then couldn't afford to buy it.

Am truly considering being back on these medications but somehow feel that I reached a no return point as am unable to kick these instructive thoughts of going/ being crazy out of my mind

hanshan
13-12-14, 06:51
Hi Morif,

I would seriously consider going back on what worked before, if only for a while until you can clear your thoughts.

Do you have to pay the full cost of medications where you are, or is there any form of subsidy or insurance? It is possible to do some research on the internet to find out which medications are the least expensive - mostly those that have been around for a while and come off patent (but are still effective).

As I said before, in the long run anxiety will cost you more than appropriate medical treatment. Good luck, and don't give in to negative thought processes.