07-01-07, 00:13
We need an "all of the above" option

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

taf
07-01-07, 00:16
Certainly in "shops/stores." First time I ever had a panic was in a large urban shopping mall, so I think wherever we first have a nasty experience, our mind sticks there sometimes. MUCH better, and not had them since stumbling on this site...when I do feel tightening up in the shops, I find it helpful to face it real head on telling myself, "Look...this is what it is...a panic attack, and you are in a store, and you will live and not croak in the store." If I don't bump it hard when it first starts, it used to really get me...much better now, though...Silly old panic...LOL
Hugs to all, Taf

PandaPie
07-01-07, 17:05
I voted all of the above. I have a fair few indoors (issues with eating and panicking) and quite a few in shops, esp. queuing up for stuff.

However I went back to Curry's (scene of being v anxious a few weeks ago) and just stood looking at the phones thinking "what am I actually scared of?" and it lessened A LOT.

:D

kelbob
07-01-07, 17:14
pandapie - well done for going back into currys, your so brave, good luck with everything.

taf - thats really positive, taking the panic head on, be brave, good luck with everything.

nomorepanic - have added the option now, thanks for the tip.

kellly x

[x]...i love it when it rains...coz no-one can see you crying...[x]

Ellen70
18-03-07, 00:57
I chose outside work/home/school as when I am in those places I am with people that I know, even if I only know them by name. On steets and in shops etc there are strangers everywhere and you are probably moving from one shop/whatever to another and have no one to help you if you 'go mad'. Also home and work are familiar places and that comforts me a tiny bit.

soulsurfer
18-03-07, 09:07
I had my first one in asda then at home for the rest, been back to asda a few times it makes me feel uneasy though.

Jimbo
19-03-07, 21:00
I find supermarkets the worst for some reason too. I think it's the bright lights, crowds and the way they trap you inside until you face the dreaded checkouts. :wacko:

Jim