PDA

View Full Version : I've just trood on a rusty pin and now Terrified it will turn to tetanus.

Lockey1995
09-12-14, 19:15
Hey,

I was just tying some fishing rigs and As I stepped away I stepped on a pin that is used to hold the rigs into place, after closely examining the pin it was rusty, but probably only because it had just sat in the wallet for a year or more it hasn't been on any soil or anything. When I was 15 I was vaccinated for polio/ tetanus and diphtheria I'm now 19 but I'm still scared :(, I have just put my sock back on and it has penetrated the skin I've also put some savalon on the area. Do i need to be concerned because I'm freaking out now.

Canbud
09-12-14, 19:38
From what I understand, tetanus shots last 10 years, after which you get boosters. When I was your age I stepped on a rusty nail that went right into the arch of my foot. Never got tetanus, although my foot hurt like hell.

You could call your doc and ask, but I wouldn't be fretting if I were you.

CA88
09-12-14, 20:28
From what I understand, tetanus shots last 10 years, after which you get boosters. When I was your age I stepped on a rusty nail that went right into the arch of my foot. Never got tetanus, although my foot hurt like hell.

You could call your doc and ask, but I wouldn't be fretting if I were you.

Spot on! I wouldn't worry about it at all. It might swell up a little bit but that is part of the healing process. Relax. Honestly :)

Lifelonganxiety!
10-12-14, 00:05
You'll be fine I'm sure, in any case you can call a Dr. or advice nurse and they will let you know what they think. Your tetanus shot 4 years ago will protect you!