PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex

karl
29-08-04, 19:17
Hi

How quickly have people found this medication to work? i know everyone is different but just wondered an average time.

I have been taking it for 5 days now obviously havent felt any different yet didnt think i would.

Side effects arnt too bad to me no nausea, diarrhoea or anything just makes me feel more tired and i have a decreased appetite apart from that nothing.

I just hope it doesnt take weeks and weeks for this med to start working.

nomorepanic
29-08-04, 19:30
Karl

You are looking at weeks rather than days before it takes effect.

When I went on Prozac they told me to give it at least a month before I felt any better.

I am sure people that are on it will respond but I think it is at least 2-3 weeks with the side-effects etc.

Good that you are coping with the side-effects though so stick with it ok?

There are quite a few posts about it under the medication topic so take some time to read them too - may reassure you.

Nicola

seh1980
29-08-04, 19:43
Hi Karl,

It took about 2 weeks for me to start feeling better on Cipralex. After that, I continued getting better and am still noticing improvements now even though I strated the medication 10 months ago. Stick with it!

Sarah :D

tara
29-08-04, 20:24
Hi Karl, i've been taking it for a month now and started to feel better after 2-3 weeks. I've heard so many good things about this medication and how it makes people feel a lot better, I have taken other medication before and i think this one i working better than any of the other ones i've been on. Tara

snowman
29-08-04, 22:23
Hi Karl

Was on Cipralex for 6 months and decided to come off as I staredto feel better.

Back on it again for about 4 weeks now and definitely feeling better. The side effects are normally bad for about 2 weeks. I find taking it in the morning is better than th evening.

Always try and eat about the same time too if you are feeling nauseous.

Good luck

S