PDA

View Full Version : Could you please reassure

Jono
07-01-07, 00:40
Hi Everyone,

Could you please reassure me here.

I suffer from breathing obsession and..

1. Whenever i wake up in the middle of the night, i am REALLY out of breath, much more than usual, its more of a proper out of breath feeling.

I am breathing very fast, not deep breaths?

2. My stomach and lungs feel very tight, and hurt alot, is this normal?

3. Whenever i have 'wind' i always get REALLY depressed, feel cold, and generally weird, whenever i pass the wind, it feels normal again.

Is this normal??

Thanks alot,

-Jono

airwolf451
07-01-07, 01:40
yup jono

i get that,

you need to relax your breathing buddy.
the reason this is happening is because your anxious in your sleep, so your not getting your body time to rest

try slowing your breathing down, in through your nose 2,3,4 out through your mouth 2,3,4,5,6, and when you breath in make sure your tmmy rises,and deflates when you breath out,

i get the bad wind to, and tense up and balloon out with it, its a horrible feeling, and have to keep burping to feel comfortable again.

so try not to let it worry you buddy,

just remember slow your breathing down, takes a while to get used to, and if you like i can mail you a mp3for relaxtion and slowing your breathing down, ,

i think its great, i was so relaxed the other day with it i even started to giggle lol

just pm if you want it.

take care, steve aka the wolf

"God looked down on man, smiled and thought to himself, if only man would smile back how much more happy he would be"

bambamers
07-01-07, 01:41
yes i get this quie alot and i think it starts as a indigestion and trapped wind feeling then you worry about it so it makes it feel worse

bb01234
08-01-07, 03:08
You should be able to get a fair nights rest.

Perhaps there's something on your mind.

As you might know, sleep is made up of different stages so perhaps in your dream stage there's something on your mind.

If so, perhaps instead of relaxing your way through it, when you next get a panic attack try to focus on your mind, not your body and note what thoughts are there - rest assured you won't die or pass out, althougH I know you feel like you will.

Come back when you have your thoughts in mind

Regards

Brian