PDA

View Full Version : Worried!! Scared about brain tumor :(

Sotired85
10-12-14, 20:59
Hi
Looking maybe for peoples thoughts and just bit if support as feeling so rubbish!. I have been mostly unwell for the last 18 months with lots of deficiencies here and there and lots of 'sinus infections' and 'sinus headaches' etc headaches have got more and more and progressively worse I am rarely now without a headache. I get a lot if vertigo and nausea. And I get a lot of tingling and pain I. My face/jaw/neck. I was referred to ENT and had a scan of my sinuses which were fine with no issues there at all. He said he believes the pain is neuralgic pain and to do with nerves and has referred me to have an MRI brain scan and to a neurologist. Now this least couple if weeks I've been feeling very unwell with terrible headaches, feeling continuously motion sick high worsens when I move my eyes. I have terrible pain in my eyes particularly in the right which feels like I have a terrible pressure above it and I feel unfocused. This goes all round my eye and generally feels strange I can't really explain. I went to the opticians yesterday thinking maybe it's my eyes but my prescription was still the same but she seemed concerned though didn't say much apart from there's something making the muscles tired and weak but my actual eyes are fine. She asked 3 times when my MRI was and wrote to my gp. I'm very worried and also feel very low as I've had to take time off work, can't look after my little girl properly and keep snapping at my partner as I just am struggling to functio. Properly and am so so so tired all the time I've had blood tests and everything came back normal. Can opticians tell you if they suspect something? Something just doesn't feel right in my eye my mom also had a non cancerous brain tumor (meningioma) about 5 years ago. Thank
Youxx

CA88
10-12-14, 21:11
Opticians can often see Raised Intracranial pressure at the back of your eye when they look inside. But if they see anything they'll usually tell you, or refer you themselves.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way, and I hope you feel better soon!

Sotired85
10-12-14, 21:16
Thank you I had already been referred by ENT but she has written to my gp.

courierdude
10-12-14, 22:09
you need to take a course of antibiotics for your sinuses mate.

everything you describe is that of a sinus infection. right down to the pressure around your eyes.

how different is the sensation you feel when you tilt you head forward or backwards? which position is most comfortable for you?

Sotired85
10-12-14, 23:06
Hi :) thank you but I only finished a course 2 weeks ago but since had sinus scan back and another scope by ENT who says it's def not my sinuses :/

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:05 ----------

No position makes any difference moving my head just gives me motion sickness type feelings :(