PDA

View Full Version : Mini Stroke (TIA)?

mnaha
11-12-14, 06:16
I was in the hospital for four days. I went to the ER with 150 bpm and they reset my heart twice and noticed my white blood counts were 19000. They decided to keep me since I was dehydrated and gave me a saline drip .During that time they did all kinds of blood work. Viles and Viles and Viles..my ct scan's mri's they did on xray one ecg echo of the heart and must have been tons and tons of blood work. Monitored my heart for four days around the clock. I kept telling them I had double vision a bunch of times. They just said I should get an eye test..even my attending dr said the samething. Once I got out I told my regular dr the samething and he checked me over. He is an internist and said I should have an eye test but he checked my eyes and couldn't find anything serious looking. They did find out that I am prediabetic and he gave me B2 for my eyes. All the time I was in the hospital and the doctors visits afterwards telling him I had double vision ...would anyone have noticed if I had evidence of a mini stroke? My bill was 14000 and it wasn't for ct scans and mri's so would someone have noticed? I would think me screaming about double vision would have been a tip off ,,wouldn't you ?

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

I was trying to type they did no ct scans or mri

CA88
11-12-14, 18:02
I was in the hospital for four days. I went to the ER with 150 bpm and they reset my heart twice and noticed my white blood counts were 19000. They decided to keep me since I was dehydrated and gave me a saline drip .During that time they did all kinds of blood work. Viles and Viles and Viles..my ct scan's mri's they did on xray one ecg echo of the heart and must have been tons and tons of blood work. Monitored my heart for four days around the clock. I kept telling them I had double vision a bunch of times. They just said I should get an eye test..even my attending dr said the samething. Once I got out I told my regular dr the samething and he checked me over. He is an internist and said I should have an eye test but he checked my eyes and couldn't find anything serious looking. They did find out that I am prediabetic and he gave me B2 for my eyes. All the time I was in the hospital and the doctors visits afterwards telling him I had double vision ...would anyone have noticed if I had evidence of a mini stroke? My bill was 14000 and it wasn't for ct scans and mri's so would someone have noticed? I would think me screaming about double vision would have been a tip off ,,wouldn't you ?

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

I was trying to type they did no ct scans or mri

A TIA would resolve within 24 hours, so if your double vision continued it probably wasn't caused by something like that.

Have you had your eyes checked by an ophthalmologist or just a general doctor?

mnaha
12-12-14, 03:09
My doctor checked them. He is an internist and has been practicing for almost 40 years. I would think that maybe he could tell if there was something not quite right but I think you are correct..Probably would need a ct scan or mri although they said that when you have cbt and lots of blood work there are things they can see that point to mini stroke..That is why they do blood work too when they do mri and ct scans. So I had lots of blood work but no ct scans nor mri's they all just said see a eye doctor although they have eye doctors there in the hospital and an eye clinic,,,weird huh?

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Also I have had about 15 episodes in about 5 months of the eye thing.