PDA

View Full Version : hope someone can put my mind at rest

jackieann3
11-12-14, 11:09
Hello any one please my daughter who is 24 has had a water test and got blood in her urine which I thought ok it's an infection but when we went to pick prescription up receptionist said she got to see doctor because it was a lot of blood it's only she's only 24 and not eligible for a smear test till she's 25 so never had one I've been awake all night panicking and worrying what else it could be and none of my friends who's daughters are the same age have never had this before so I hope there's someone who can help got another 2 days yet to see doctor can't feel like this for another 2 days I'm really worried . X

---------- Post added at 11:09 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

Having no replies is making me think this is rare at her age there must be someone who can reasure me a little bit x

debs71
11-12-14, 12:47
Hello,

Was the blood clearly noticeable when the sample was done? A lot of blood can often only be detected from lab testing, and is not evident from looking at the urine itself with the naked eye. That does not at all mean that there is anything serious wrong. It sounds somewhat to me like the receptionist may have freaked you out with her words regarding this.

I also do not think that if her doctor thought it was anything serious, they would wait several days to see her.

Blood in urine is not normally anything serious. The most common cause is infection, and in women, usually cystitis or a full blown UTI. I have had several UTI's myself. I have had urine which is simply a bit cloudy with tiny amounts of blood to actually passing what appears to be spots of blood when urinating.

Try if you can not to focus on the serious. Blood in urine generally is not x

jackieann3
11-12-14, 13:04
Thank you for replying well I wasn't worried till the receptionist said it was a lot of blood and also it's on the paper when my daughter wipes I've not heard of that with water infection her period is nowhere near due also because I thought it could be that but only got to wait till tomorrow night so not that long hope it's just infection thanks again for comment x

anthrokid
12-12-14, 22:34
It could be something as simple as spotting between her regular period, she may have gotten her period early, or an infection (e.g. UTI) that will clear up with antibiotics. Even though she isn't technically eligible for a smear until she is 25, I believe one would be ordered anyway if the doctor was particularly concerned about something more serious. On a side note, it's interesting to hear that women aren't eligible for smears in your area until they are 25. In Australia they are recommended from whatever age a woman becomes sexually active, be that 15 years old or 25 years old.

jackieann3
17-12-14, 07:22
Thanks for your comments yes I agree about the age should be much younger than 25 x