PDA

View Full Version : new and worried.

91Aycliffe
11-12-14, 12:16
Good afternoon

My name is dean I'm 47 and I suffer with ocd intrusive thoughts. I've had many bad experiences with this terrible illness. So many to talk about but I had a terrible experience where I thought I was going to hurt my son that was terrible. I have had treatment and take setraline which has helped.
But today again I'm living a fear. I went to a funeral my father in law and we all had a lot to drink at the wake. I rember a lady behind the bar at the time I didn't really take to much notice but I had a chat wiv her nothing cynical. But when I woke in the morning my mind is telling me to go and see her for a romance
Why? I love my wife my family but this thought is driving me insane. I havechad thoughts like this but its driving me nuts.
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR HAVE THE SAME THIUGHTS.

THANKS DEAN

venusbluejeans
11-12-14, 12:22
Hiya 91Aycliffe and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

91Aycliffe
11-12-14, 14:13
Thanks

kristaok
14-12-14, 06:19
Hello Dean, welcome to NMP :)

Please know that we all have thoughts from time to time that we don't like. Just remember that these are just thoughts and they are not your thoughts, they are an attack on you.

There is no harm in having a thought unless we turn that thought into an action.

You love your wife and you know you'd never hurt her, this is what you must speak back to your mind. Anytime a negative thought enters in, speak back to it verbally with a positive thought.