PDA

View Full Version : New and....worried?

luotota
11-12-14, 17:46
Hello there. I'm Taru

I just joined the forum and it's been good so far. I really hope I can connect with people here and share info and stuff.

I'm not that good at writing, sorry if my introduction is short.

I've been carrying anxiety around with me since I was 18 or 19, it comes and goes.
Lately though it came back very strong and it's been hard to cope since It arrived in the beggining of winter.
I also live in a very very cold country where during this time of year the sun doesn't come out at all and of course that doesn't help much, you feel very low on energy.

People here are a bit quiet too and me being a foreinger well, I'm pretty lonely, don't have many friends. So that's also hard.

The most disturbing thing about this anxiety episode I'm having is that I've become very afraid of choking, and I stopped eating solid foods recently.
I eat very little and that worries me a lot, I try to stay calm, I meditate and go to a therapist who's been pretty helpful but still, I can't stop worrying about my inability to swallow any solids. I cry all the time about this, and there are moments where I think of giving up and feel very scared and hopeless. If it wasn't because I've learned many positive self talk skills, I would be so lost at this point.
It's scary you know? It's also hard when you are a person who absolutely loves to eat! I mean, I love my food, and this is literally killing me slowly. So that said, If anyone here has any tips on how to overcome this "fear" please do let me know. I would really appreciate it. I'm also planning on doing some EMDR therapy, at this point, I'll do anything to be able to eat again.

Lots of hugs for everyone and please comment, I'd love to read some of you.

venusbluejeans
11-12-14, 17:52
Hiya luotota and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

courierdude
12-12-14, 23:21
hi taru. where are you from then? is that a finish flag?

youre english is good btw the way, sure you can communicate all your problems to with no problems.
what your going through sounds rough, i would look for specific subjects in the main forums and get feedback and advice from other members that way.

hopefully you'll feel better once you get some response on here : )

kristaok
14-12-14, 06:07
Hello and welcome to NMP!
I'm truly sorry you're having these issues...

Have you ever tried eating foods that are mashed up? What about nutritious shakes?