PDA

View Full Version : Any idea what this ache could be?

Jem27
07-01-07, 09:09
I have had an achy leg and shoulder on the left side since christmas, it wasn't too bad but by new years day it was alot more achy. I thought maybe it was because I didn't drive over christmas, dh was off for 10 days. I did one afternoon of driving and was aching the next day all down my left size, my dh says I ride the clutch, lol!

When dh went back to work on Tuesday I was driving alot more and the ache has got alot worse. I saw my dr thursday because it was really hurting around my knee when I put pressure on my foot. He examined me, said all my muscles & joints were fine, no need to worry. Take neurofen and he said he had no idea what it was, possibly a strain.

Anyway ive still got it now, it starts in my left buttock, its not a pain its like a twingey ache iyswim, lol! It goes from my left buttock down the back of my left thigh muscle, my knee sometimes has abit of pressure but thats eased alot, then my shin aches & foot. I also have the odd twinge if I bend down or move to my right in my left hip. The main bit it affects is my buttock and back of my thigh where I also have a flickering muscle, its like when your eye flickers

Sorry to of rambled, hard to describe.I've had it for ages it feels like.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

matilda
07-01-07, 12:54
Read my posts it sounds like sciatica or a trapped nerve. I get it down my right side into my knee foot and hip dont worry.

Jem27
07-01-07, 14:13
Thank Matilida,

I think its probably sciatica aswell, I had it bad down my left leg with my pregnancies. I am not pregnant now so it can't be that. I have never had it over my hip before though.

Jem27
07-01-07, 14:14
Sorry I meant it can't be pregnancy causing it, maybe I am just getting old;) or ive had too many babies, lol!

matilda
07-01-07, 16:01
Mine started with pregnancy but has continued on and off ever since. Its actually to do with your lower back usually caused by bad posture caused by anxiety. The nerve gets pinched and cos its the biggest nerve in the body it affects loads of different areas.

Jem27
07-01-07, 19:23
Thanks Matilida:-)

Not really worried about it now, its just annoying. Its never affected my hip before, I shall see how it goes I suppose. I am seeing my GP again in 3 weeks so I shall mention it then if its no better.

Lindalou64
07-01-07, 21:35
i agree it is sciatica had it many times very painful and un comfortable..
best to ya...........Linda[8D]