PDA

View Full Version : flashing in eyes help!!!!

Lemondrizzle
11-12-14, 20:39
Has anyone ever experienced flashing in the outer corner of the right eye? Id look straight ahead but see flashing twinkling lights on the side, lasted about ten minutes Is it a mini stroke? No headache at all no dizziness
Called Drs but said call back tomorrow we would like to see you!!!! recent bloods and ct scan normal. This lashing only happened today though. Scared

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Anyone?

KayeS
11-12-14, 21:12
I've had many variations of this... happens if I'm tired, stressed, anxious, or even none of the above. Try not to focus on it as I find if I'm looking for it, I see it. :)

Lemondrizzle
11-12-14, 21:26
I've had many variations of this... happens if I'm tired, stressed, anxious, or even none of the above. Try not to focus on it as I find if I'm looking for it, I see it. :)

Thanks for your reply.
Is it dangerous? What does it mean?
Also can u be anxious/stressed without realising it?

Serenity1990
11-12-14, 21:28
I've had this in various forms a few times. Get it checked out if you're worried, but it is an anxiety symptom.

Lemondrizzle
11-12-14, 21:31
Is it? Thanks I didn't know xx

KayeS
11-12-14, 21:34
Thanks for your reply.
Is it dangerous? What does it mean?
Also can u be anxious/stressed without realising it?

You can be anxious, stressed, tired and many things without realising it. Light is bouncing off our eyes all the time and being processed. When we're tired or stressed, our eyes can misinterpret it sometimes or react strangely. When I'm at the gym I see flashing lights all the time lol. But if you're concerned, like Serenity said, go and get your eyes checked out. The fact you said it went away hints that it's nothing serious at all though :)

Lemondrizzle
11-12-14, 22:38
Iv been a wreck worrying. Have any of you experienced the flashes on the sides if eyes x

courierdude
11-12-14, 23:21
eye test are still free i think and one i went to a few years ago the optician(optomotrist?) asked me specifically if i ever see bright flashes-which i didnt so we didnt get into but id say there is the person to ask if you are worried that it is a symptom of a specific eye problem. otherwise all the obvious, headaches, stress, tiredness, poor diet etc... everything that might cause a panic attack to surface.

Lemondrizzle
11-12-14, 23:32
Thanks I appreciate you replying

Serenity1990
11-12-14, 23:34
Iv been a wreck worrying. Have any of you experienced the flashes on the sides if eyes x

Absolutely yes!