PDA

View Full Version : Do these sound like heart palpitations?

anxious_thoughts
12-12-14, 19:45
Hey guys, I've brought this concern of mine on here before but I just wanted to talk about it again.

I'm not sure of these are palpitations, because my heart doesn't feel like it's beating rapidly but every once in a while I'll get this twitching sensation in my chest. I just got it today, and I had it the day before yesterday. It literally feels like when you have a muscle twitch, but its centred in my chest. When I do get the sensation, it really scares me and it makes me grab my chest, and I even feel like I have to catch my breath when it happens, but I think that's because it scares me at the moment. It literally only lasts a maximum of three seconds, but during that time I feel like I'm about to die :(

I really don't think its heart related, it doesn't happen when I'm doing any type of exercise and my heart rate is fine when I check it after the sensation happens. I find it mostly happens when in anxious, like the day before yesterday I drove to the mall with my parents (I'm a new driver, so I'm a bit anxious about driving) and we got to the restaurant and we sat down and I got the twitch in my chest. It seemed like a strong one, really scared me :( I also sometimes get it while I'm getting ready to go out, I feel anxious and it'll happen. Anyone else experience this?

bingjam
12-12-14, 20:32
My heart rarely races with my palpiatations, I get like a twitch if that's what I can call it, followed by a huge thud or two, or even have the feeling of my heart stopping then kick starting.

anxious_thoughts
14-12-14, 04:01
Hey Bingjam, thank you for replying. Have you been diagnosed with it?

popejoan
14-12-14, 04:35
Is it like your heart is skipping a beat? Used to happen to me, it was due to stress and indigestion and possibly low potassium. I recommend you to check if you have trapped wind in your stomach whenever you get this sensation.

bingjam
14-12-14, 14:31
I had them checked out just over a year ago and they give propranolol... I don like taking tablets so I never took them, the happened less and less but now these past few weeks they have gotten really bad again

anxious_thoughts
20-12-14, 20:50
popejoan, it doesn't really feel like a skipped beat. It just literally feels like a twitch, kind of scared to mention it to my doctor. It's been happen for a really long time, but over the last 4-5 years they have become more common. I remember having them when I was 11 years old, but not as regular.

---------- Post added at 15:50 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

bingjam, have you tried the tablets at all, and if so, have they helped?

For me the last 3 days I haven't had any, probably more of a stress related thing