PDA

View Full Version : intoduction

jason
29-08-04, 22:07
hello to all
my name is jason since christmas i have been suffering from a panic disorder which has taken over my whole life iam 35 and have a son 9as i write this post ive just got over a panic attack get upto 3/4 a day now iam on diazapam but hate taking them because of the addictive factor

jason

seh1980
29-08-04, 22:16
hello Jason,

Welcome to the site! It sounds like you are going through a tough time but I'm sure that you will start to feel better once the meds start to have more of an effect. I've received loads of help here and good advice - I'm sure you will too! Take care.

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
29-08-04, 22:20
Welcome aboard Jason

You will get loads of help and support here and we can try to offer you all the advice you will need.

Welcome and let us know how we can help?

Nicola

sal
29-08-04, 22:20
Hi Jason

Welcome to the site, you will find so much support, understanding and help here.

It is an extra worry when you are feeling like you are about taking diazepam as the addiction factor rings bells in your head.

I take diazepam but not on a continual basis, as and when required and it does work.

How often do you take them and what dose are you on.

Are you taking any anti depressants to try and level your anxiety out?

It does take over your life when in the height of it and having up to 3 to 4 panic attacks a day wears you down, but with help and support you will see there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

so many of us suffer like you and medication, alternative therapies, counselling and using this site has made a real difference.

Love Sal xxxxx

jason
29-08-04, 22:22
thanks sarah for the welcome am going on holiday so the change might do me good

jason

Meg
29-08-04, 22:24
Hi Jason,

Welcome - feel free to tell us a bit more about your circumstances and how these started and manifest themsleves . Also what you've been doing to help yourself so far .

Do read First Steps in the introduction section.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

jason
29-08-04, 22:35
thaks for the warm welcome
i do take the diazapam but only when needed they are 2mg tabs and amitripilene 50mg at night my panic attacks started christmas day after a heavy night drinking session involving a lot redbull and vodka there should be a warning on the redbull all christmas day i was hyperventilating it was very embarrasing and from that day i have suffered panic attacks

jason

nomorepanic
29-08-04, 23:00
Jason

Read my story on the website - my panic started following a heavy night drinking (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/mystory.htm)

That was 11 years ago!

Nicola

tara
30-08-04, 13:28
Hi Jason. I can totally relate with this one. I have suffered anxiety/panic attacks for many years and didn't know what they were, just thought i was strange. Thenafter one heavy nite of drinking I had a bad one and had to go to hospital, there it was diagnosed and i was given diazipam to go home with and told to visit my doctor after the weekend. I found that over the months the diazipam really helped me, helped to calm me and helped me get on with things. I was also perscribed other medication to take along side it. After about 7 months i decided to come off the diazipam and i did that straight away (i know not everyone can do that) but i was so determined to do so. I now take cipralex and propanonol and things are looking up. I'm 29 and have a 4year old son and he makes me want to get through this. I'm sure that with determination and plenty of support things will get better Take care Tara xxx

Meg
30-08-04, 13:40
I agree with you Jason.

Red Bull and similar stimulant drinks should have a warning on them..

Your body learnt to panic and you learnt to perpetuate them.

I think its a bit like breaking a bone although it heals completely, during bad weather ( stress for us ) it reminds you of its presence.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

jo-jo
31-08-04, 22:52
Hiya Jason

Welcome to the forum - you'll find plenty of support and advice here to help you on your road to recovery, its a truly great place and the people are wonderful :D

Looking forward to hearing more about you soon.

Take care, Jo xx

sal
31-08-04, 23:33
Hi Jason

Hopefully the holiday will do you the world of good. Its a relaxing break and a totally change of scenery. When do you go?

A lot of people cant even face going away from home, so you are doing well in that sense.

Keep in touch.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

jill
01-09-04, 00:23
hi im jill been having panic attacks for only 9 weeks now, which at present moment in time it is taking over my life most of the time i am frightend to go out of the house but i do, i have 2 kids age 11 and 14. my parnter dose not understsnd it, i know just by reading some of the things on this site that we have found people with whom we can conect with. talking goes along way and knowledge goes even further. arm youself wilth all information that u can because ther are so many simptums, and so many things 2 help u.

Karen
01-09-04, 00:53
Hi Jason

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure you will find a lot of support here. Everyone is very friendly.

Briary