PDA

View Full Version : Extreme fear of the big C...is it just reflux or...

majdle
12-12-14, 21:29
Hello everobody, please help.
I have been having this dry cough for months straight. Now it is a little better, I have to say, but I am still coughing. Recently, a slight nausea (especially when hungry) adds up to it, weird taste in my mouth (especially in the morning) and the feeling of having a lump in my throat. One day itīs all fine, the next itīs all bad and so it goes in a circle. The moment I think it is FINALLY over, here it comes again. I have been to my GP like 5 times and he thinks itīs reflux plus anx. But I am so scared itīs the big C... I am thirty, non smoker and only a very sporadic drinker, so I shouldnīt be worried (said my GP), but what if I am just one of those terribly unlucky ones? I have been having this for months now, it comes and it goes, but it never goes completely. And there are nights (like this one), when I am even too afraid to go to bed and turn the lights off. The moment I am alone with my thoughts, the panic hits hard. :( I am so tired of all this and so scared that this is it..:( I am afraid my GP just missed something.
Any reassuring words?

Fishmanpa
12-12-14, 22:10
Hi Majdle,

I've read similar posts by the hundreds. Reflux and stomach/bowel issues are a very common physical symptom to the anxiety sufferer. Everything you describe is spot on with what your doctor said and a very common physical symptom of anxiety. I have reflux issues and used to take a Zantac 150 2x a day and eat tums like candy. I finally was put on a good PPI and I haven't had an issue since. That and proper diet/nutrition has eliminated the issue. If you've not been prescribed one, ask your doctor and look into treating your anxiety as it just exasperates the stomach problems.

Positive thoughts

majdle
12-12-14, 22:20
Fishmanpa, you are so great. I have been reading some of your comments to other posts and you are my hero. I got prescribed some PPI, but I still havenīt figured out how to take them correctly. But itīs true that it got a lot better after that. But it is still not completely ok. :(