PDA

View Full Version : I am so afraid plz help?

Petesy
13-12-14, 00:17
Hi Everyone

I've had this pain in my back for the past few hours now, walking round to meet my fiancee from the train station i'm having the biggest panic attack of my life right now, crushing pain and tightness in upper back, some kind of drop foot on the left hand side (like when you think their's one more stair and you take that daft step) I feel as if my right side is stronger the whole right side, walking round to the station i felt like i was just always falling to the left side I had to stop and grab a fence phone my fiancee and asked her to stay on the phone that I think I'm going to collapse :scared15: then my face goes numb (leftside) and I have trouble breathing, coordination is not right either, i've been trying my best to stay positive but when this all came at once and before hand I'd taken a massive panic attack and have only had toast 2 slice of toast all day today so I don't know if it's hunger, sleep deprivation, tension from panic attack, My immediate thought was STROKE!! Which set of this major attack ain't had anything like this ever before!!

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

My calfs were going into spasms and it was really hurting my legs...... Could this all be anxiety?? Because if so I'm both terrified and amazed what the mind can create.

Plz help any words of wisdom will truly be appreciated

Thanks

Petesy

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

My left hand is starting to cramp up and is very stiff and sore when clenching and unclenching it..... Help anyone i'm so afraid and ain't in the one bit ashamed to admit it, i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!!

---------- Post added 13-12-14 at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was 12-12-14 at 23:53 ----------

Anyone :weep::weep:

bingjam
13-12-14, 01:36
How are you feeling now??

Your panic attacks seem pretty severe!

Your body would have been tensed up by the sounds of it, that's why your calls and your hands seemed sore afterwards...

My panic attacks use to be like yours, they took over my life and I honestly thought I was dying Everytime I had one, they took oer my life and I never left the house, until one day I faced it went out had a stupid panic attack but I didn't run I let it happen, knew it was a panic attack and since then I never had another one so severe!!

Even though I do get panic attacks still they have never been as bad as they used to be, they still worry me and something new seems to pop up with each one, they now seem to be getting less andess traumatic for me, like I had one today and it was the best panic attack I had, I know that sounds stupid but even though it was a panic attack it wasn't a fraction I how bad they used to be

Just realise when your having a panic attack what it is and instead of getting yourself worked up whilst having one, just let it happen, even though they are unpleasant panic attacks can't harm or kill you, once you start to think like that when your having one, I promise they will get easier, less often and maybe even completely stop....

Hope your feeling better?

Just to add my panic attacks presently are due to this pain I keep having in my chest and I automatically think it's somethig serious, I just need to register that everyone gets aches and pains doesn't always mean it's somethig as bad as what we think it is, I'm struggling with anxiety too right now so just know that your not alone

Petesy
14-12-14, 22:44
Hi Bingjam

Thanks for your kind reply x

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, yeah I feel a lot better now, it was so horrible and just like you said (muscle tension) by pulling myself all in and sitting like a half shut knife, as you can see in my post it's the worst ever but leaves me feeling like "the boy cried wolf" because what if something is really happening and gets brushed off as aw it's just anxiety.... So negative i know but i'm always left with that thought.

I'm so happy for you Bingjam that you're handling your anxiety a lot better and remaining positive from your experience, I hope your chest pain has subsided and you get back to your positive self :flowers:

Lots of hugs :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Petesy x

Sar89
15-12-14, 11:58
Hi Petesy I know the boy who cried wolf feeling I to am terrified that the doctors will miss something because they think oh its just this lunatic again! I think the mindset of a health anxiety sufferer is quite negative anyway its part of the whole deal really. Im glad your feeling a lot better now anxiety can do really crazy things to the body xx

Petesy
15-12-14, 21:34
Thanks for your reply Sarah

You hit the nail on the head with that subject word for word, that's exactly how I feel about the "the boy who cried wolf"subject, the best solution is I think is to leave your anxiety till last tell the g.p what's wrong with you and what your worried about and make sure we get the proper tests and and don't get fobbed off with the big hypochondriac label hanging over our heads so to speak...