PDA

View Full Version : Scared of myocarditis

Ronan23
13-12-14, 20:24
So at the moment i'm suffering from some sort of infection of the lungs. My lungs crackle when I take deep breaths so i'm obviously not well. I've been at hospital twice and they've done ECG, X-Ray and blood tests and they just said infection in lungs and gave me anti biotics. My issue is after a bit of googling I came across myocarditis and am very scared I have contracted it. It's inflammation of the heart muscle from a virus/bacteria and can cause sudden death. That's what's freaking me out. Like what if I just drop dead any minute. It's very hard to get ED doctors to investigate further. As soon as they see evidence of infection they just send you on your way with anti-biotics. anyone got advice to alleviate my fears?

Natasha006
20-12-14, 02:23
They would have been able to pick it up on the xray or the ecg and blood tests.
You dont have it.

courierdude
20-12-14, 02:36
look into the health benefits to your lungs by eating fresh pineapple.
whether you actually have a condition or not it would hurt to put the right foods to place to alleviate some of your symptoms.

countrygirl
20-12-14, 22:06
This would have showed up on the xray as an enlarged heart and they can also tell from an ecg ( uk speak) as well. Sounds like you have a yukky chest infection, have your got antibiotics for it?