PDA

View Full Version : Waiting on MRI results makes me sick

UKmamainUS
13-12-14, 21:03
I do - I just get physically sick with the waiting. First time I had one they found an anomaly in my brain. They think it is benign but we have to keep our eye on it.

I just had an MRI without contrast for my occipital neuralgia - see if there is a tumor or something in there causing the problem. Neurologist won't release my results to me prior to my next appt next month. For a number of reasons I will not be going back to this neurologist - to say she is incompetent would be a complement. Anyway, she said that if there was anything that required surgery she would get back to me sooner. I know for a fact she got the results from Tuesdays cervical spine MRI on Thursday morning. I haven't heard back yet and I am wondering if that's a sign of being in the clear. In truth I am more concerned about incidental findings. I have loads of raised lymph nodes and pain in the muscles in the front of my neck. I know I am probably fine, but the waiting drives me nuts.

KayeS
14-12-14, 00:58
I was in the same boat a few days ago waiting for MRI results for the second time in 3 months. I felt physically sick too... it's awful waiting. Funnily enough I think my MRI was for the same thing as you. It was head and neck and it was for a burning sensation on the back of my head from the occipital nerve... Turned out the results were clear so hopefully it will be the same for you too! You just have to try and do things to take your mind off of it. I know what it's like... It really is the worst but you will make it through and most likely your scans will be fine :)

UKmamainUS
15-12-14, 02:38
Wow - SteveKaye, sounds exactly the same. The burning at the base of my head drives me nuts. I've recently developed pain in my throat thoug, well, not the throat, the muscles to the side of it, so I am paranoid that will be something scary that I am not expecting. I've been diagnosed with occipital neuralgia prior to the MRIS, and whilst not life threatening, it's not a very pleasant condition. Luckily I at Keeping it under control for the most part with deep tissue massage and muscle relaxers.

I hope you get to the root of your problem soon and am glad your MRI was clear.

KayeS
15-12-14, 09:37
It's crazy you're saying this because I've been telling doctors that I'm sure that my throat feels connected also to this burning pain on my head... but they all think I'm crazy and tell me there's no way... Literally sounds like you have the same thing as me, and my MRI was clear so I am sure yours will be too!

An MRI really is the first thing most neurologists will do for anything... it's the equivalent of a doctor saying "right, open your mouth and say 'ahhh'" lol.