PDA

View Full Version : I don't want a renal angiogram!

James1983
13-12-14, 21:11
I have been booked in for a renal angiogram on Wednesday and I really don't think its necessary. I had an ultra sound on my kidneys a year or so ago and they said I had one kidney smaller than the other. possible blockage to the artery to the gut etc. I've probably had this for the best part of 30 years what's the point now? I nearly had it done a month ago but they kept me waiting for 5 hours so I walked out......the surgeon said that if anything was found then they would not do anything there and then anyway plus there was the risk of internal bleeding etc.

I really don't want this ********! Especially right on top of Christmas, I might not go, cancel, whatever....I don't know why I'm writing any of this? I want to sound off I suppose? I'm angry sitting here winding myself up over it!

wabbit1
13-12-14, 21:30
Have you spoken to them about your concerns. I'm sure they wouldn't send you for an unnecessary procedure. I know it's not great timing but maybe it is better to be safe.

James1983
13-12-14, 21:48
Have you spoken to them about your concerns. I'm sure they wouldn't send you for an unnecessary procedure. I know it's not great timing but maybe it is better to be safe.

I know your right. Thanks I am just hacked off sitting in feeling sorry for myself. I know my anxiety is going to be sky high Wednesday....:weep: its through this anxiety that they decided to give me an MOT and found that. I've had 2 kidney infections when I was a child.