PDA

View Full Version : Aortic Abdominal Aneurysm. Do I have this? Anyone offer advice

Natasha006
13-12-14, 22:07
Hi everyone,
If someone could read this and respond that would be perfect. Last night I was eating when all the sudden my stomach ballooned and filled w/ air. I couldnt pass gas or stool but I could feel it. I took a stool softener and was able to get some kind of relief. This morning everything seemed okay but after i ate some food I was suddenly struck with the worst back pain. Almost like stiff and like my muscles tensed up. I tried to get out of my chair and couldnt straighten my back so I laid down on the floor, which is the position i am in right now as i am typing
This offers no relief although it doesnt make it worse. i looked online to find out what could possibly be causing this severe mid back pain for no reason and suprise suprise.. " aortic abdominal anuerysm " showed up. I freaked naturally because thats the logic thing to do after consulting dr google.

Anyways in all seriousness i am completey terrifdi that i have AAA. I feel like my back pain is going to go from bad to worse, that i am going to get a ruptured anerysm and then be in excruciating pain and die. i just cant seem to understand why i would get severe mid back pain near my spine for no reason.
im so scared. I could go to emerg but i dont want to keep running every single time i get a symptom because i feel like its going to take over my life.

does anyone have any help they can offer me. I have read every single article written about symptoms of an AAA. Althoough i dont have severe stomach pain or cramping that doesnt need to be a symptom.

Annie0904
13-12-14, 22:14
Extremely rare under the age of 60 and even more rare in woman. In England they only screen men over the age of 60 for it. Much more likely to be trapped wind :)

PanchoGoz
13-12-14, 22:49
My granddad had this and had none of those symptoms. Very unlikely that you have that - your anxiety is going into overdrive and you need to stop googling as a matter of urgency.

Natasha006
13-12-14, 23:20
Thank you very much for your responses. I would think it wouldn't be serious too if I didn't get the pain for absolutely no reason and in the mid lower back. This is a symtpom of an AAA. I know I'm young and have no risk factors but I can't really think of anything else that would cause pain like this. I am still laying on the floor. I don't want to move or get up in case the pain becomes worse or something happens. I guess I shouldn't be reading online. Its ridiculous and I know this bit nothing is working to ease the pain in my back.
It's honestly right on my bra line if not a little bit lower and it hurts to twist or turn in either direction.
I'm 29 years old so anything could be possible. I feel like it's something to be concerned about otherwise it wouldn't have come on so drastically and without a cause. Online it says an AAA could cause this kind of pain for sure. That's why I'm so scared

Annie0904
13-12-14, 23:31
I often get lower back pain but would never suspect AAA because of it. I know that it is muscular and put a heat pad on and/or take an Ibuprofen or other pain relief.

Natasha006
13-12-14, 23:47
I get back pain as well. I never would suspect AAA either except this isn't my lower back and its not pain that I have ever had before. On top of that the seveerity and sudden onset of this pain was enough to throw me into panic mode. It feels like I need to crack it. But I can't.
I can't even stand. So this tells me its something more than just a tiny pain in my back.
It came out of the blue. For no reason.

Annie0904
14-12-14, 00:01
The only person who can put your mind at ease will be your doctor so maybe you should see him. However muscular pain in any part of your back can be extremely painful and can come on very suddenly.

PanchoGoz
14-12-14, 00:03
That's a bad back for you. It just comes on, you don't need to know what started it. If it is persistant and bothersome for a long time then you should speak to your doctor. If you can't stand then perhaps you should speak to your doctor right away?

Natasha006
14-12-14, 04:45
I hope that its just back pain and nothing else because now im getting sharp shooting pains into my head from my back, and im really nervous it could be an aneurysm.
it honestly never ends for me, i feel like its one thing after the other.
my back pain could legitiely be causing this or something could be causing my back pain. doesnt help that i have had really bad migraines for the last 6 days straight on the one day that my headache goes away my back starts hurting uncontrollably.

im hoping this passes and that its nothing to be worried about. i hate feeling this way.

Linatjong1981
14-12-14, 08:24
Hi am 33 f I have come n goes pain my groin for 3 years I had gone couple docter 3 years but they were not concern at all after 3 years I feel the pain come n goes more frequently so I decided to visit my new docter 3 day ago he touch abdominal area n he said I have ballon n heart beat just below my belly button he sent me the ER immediatly but at ER the docter couldn't feel the ballon so after 4 or 5 hours wait end up with nothing helpful they send me home without medication even though I have pain n I went back to see my docter yesterday he still feel the ballon n heart beat he put me on medication n go back to visit in a week I am very worry now thinking I might die anytime soon ,so please please go to your docter to check it out good luck

PanchoGoz
14-12-14, 12:08
You're currently not doing anything proactive Natasha, please make a doctor's appointment.

AlexandriaUK
14-12-14, 15:36
You say it comes on when you have eaten, how do you sit to eat, it sounds like chronic wind or displacement in your back because you sit slumped on comp or with food on lap.
I get it sometimes and its really painful, bit scary as well but get up and do some stretching, my OH had scan over 60, they don't scan women at all as we don't become prone till over 80.

SarahH
14-12-14, 19:26
So if you really think you have AAA why are you not in A&E?....seriously

CA88
15-12-14, 00:01
So the only time an AAA causes severe pain is when it is rupturing/ruptured, in which case you would only have a few minutes left to live unless somebody was operating pretty quickly. On that basis, if you're reading this, it probably isn't due to an AAA.

The reason AAAs go unnoticed is because they don't usually cause pain. You may or may not see/feel a pulsating mass in your abdomen, usually to the left of your umbilicus if you were to have one. Only real way to rule one out is ultrasound though, and unless you're over 60, and male, or had a history of high blood pressure, I really wouldn't worry about that :)

Natasha006
15-12-14, 05:11
Thank you everyone for their kind comments. Yesterday I had severe back pain and couldnt move. When I called Telehealth they said to go to emerg immediately as I could have AAA. My boyfriend refused to take me as he thinks that these are all manifesting from my being too stressed and worried all the time. He said if i was in extreme and severe pain, vomitting, sweating and looking sick instead of normal then he would be concerned. I understand why he is the way that he is.
I think i avoid emerg because im embaressed to ask someone to take me or for help,. I dont want to draw attention to myself, and i dont want to be a burden to other people.
I am going to be seeing someone tomorrow regarding all these pains, as I have also had a migraine for the last 7 days w/ no help from migraine meds. I looked up that all these could be associated w/ meningitis. So I will be getting checked tomorrow to see what they have to say. My neck is getting stiff and hurts as my back and my head.
Hopefully its nothing.
I am really greatful to those that are taking the time to sit and write me back. It means alot.

mnaha
25-03-16, 02:23
So the only time an AAA causes severe pain is when it is rupturing/ruptured, in which case you would only have a few minutes left to live unless somebody was operating pretty quickly. On that basis, if you're reading this, it probably isn't due to an AAA.

The reason AAAs go unnoticed is because they don't usually cause pain. You may or may not see/feel a pulsating mass in your abdomen, usually to the left of your umbilicus if you were to have one. Only real way to rule one out is ultrasound though, and unless you're over 60, and male, or had a history of high blood pressure, I really wouldn't worry about that :)

Well I am over 60 and have a history of high blood pressure.. so guess I am screwed..

PanchoGoz
25-03-16, 22:18
No you are not "screwed" you are just in a more at risk catagory and need to keep an eye on that blood pressure if necessary