PDA

View Full Version : Not quite there!!!

bingjam
14-12-14, 14:27
I'm guessing you've all guessed that my 'anxiety' is stupidly bad right now

I fear tht it's nt anxiety but In fact my body trying to tell me that there's something wrong with me

I've been fine all morning but about 20 mins ago I went stupidly hot and all clammy my heart started to race and thought Jeeze why am I feeling like this when I'm all relaxed, waited for the panic attack to come but it never did, now I'm sitting here super confused as to wha the hell is going on with me

I'm sitting on the edge of a panic attack but it's not coming, but my chest is super weird and got a fuzzy feeling in my had I feel all shakey too

What can I do I make the panic attack to happen so I can get it out of the way with or to at least feel abit better than I do right now

I'm thinking there's somethig wrong with my heart and it's just going to stop

---------- Post added at 14:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

I'm having really bad palpitations too my hearts keeps missin a beat then I have a big thud

debs71
14-12-14, 14:29
Hi,

This is anxiety. It may be hard to believe, but it is.

You shouldn't feel you need to will on a full blown panic. If anything, it is a positive that you have not had one, despite how uncomfortable you feel now with the symptoms you have. It means that you have come out of it or at least are managing it yourself, without it reaching the peak stage.

Anxiety/panic doesn't always show itself as full on drama. Sometimes - often in fact - it just shows itself with the things you mention, like a sudden sweat and racing heart. There is no rhyme or reason we can put our fingers on to say why it happened....it just does.

The joys of anxiety.

Willing on a panic won't help you, I think. All that would do is make you fear another attack when you get those symptoms again, instead of trying to bring yourself down from it, which really is the best way to deal with anxiety symptoms.

I get what you described often. I normally feel like that when I am (weirdly) standing queuing in a shop and start feeling suddenly hot, sweaty and dizzy and my heart pounds. I use distraction techniques to calm myself down.....stupid stuff like singing a song in my head or counting things in the shop. Sounds stupid, but it works.

Don't see this as a failure or a negative. Try to say to yourself 'ok, so I had the horrible physical feelings but I didn't have a full on panic'....that is really a win. x

bingjam
14-12-14, 14:34
Hi, thank you so much for your reply, I never saw it as I won in a way as I didn't have one, I jus thought maybe it's not anxiety and something else

I have a bobble or elastic band on my wrist so whenever I feel anxious I twang it and it sort of keeps my mind of it that way,

What about these horrible missing beats followed by the big thud I've had about 10 in 10ish minutes?

debs71
14-12-14, 14:45
You are very welcome!:hugs:

Yep, I use the elastic band thing too. I also get nervous when I am (another weird thing) sitting in the hairdressers. If I feel anxiety coming on, I snap it. I don't know why this works, but it does. I think maybe it is another way of distracting the brain from a panic.

Aaaah yes. The awful palps and the thumps. I have had these so many times over the years, and I know they are frightening, but they are honestly harmless, and yep...it is flaming anxiety causing them again. It is just excess adrenaline causing them, and I promise you they will go. Once your anxiety settles a bit, they should just fade off. Trouble with palps is that when we know we have them, it sort of makes us focus on them, and then they continue cos the worry causes the adrenaline and the adrenaline causes the palps, so it is a bit of a vicious cycle that needs breaking.

Please don't worry about the palps. They are nothing dodgy, just anxiety.x

bingjam
14-12-14, 14:49
I'm exactly the same in the hairdressers too!! I thought it was just me, I get a feeling of sort of being trapped, especially when I'm having a colour, I can't exactly run out of the salon like tha can I ����

I am really stressed right now, my anietybis sky high so I guess that's why I'm having the palps, I just always think m hearts going to stop ��

I always seem to be worse this time of year....

AlexandriaUK
14-12-14, 15:55
I can join you on this one, and as for the hairdressers I always feel like I need to get out of there and sometimes do, luckily Helen my hairdresser know what I am like and also suffers with them and when I had a perm earlier this year I went for a walk about to the local shop with curlers in, I did get some very strange looks but who cares.
I think you are having what I call controlled panic attacks, not nice but it does show you are now controlling your body instead of the other way round.
I hate the bumpy ones as well, feels like your heart is fluttering, I always cough or get up and walk about.:bighug1:

debs71
14-12-14, 19:04
Blimey......and I thought it was only me with the hairdresser thing, LOL!!!!!!:D:roflmao:

I can share your embarrassment, Alexandriauk. I had a panic attack years ago whilst having my highlights done. I said to my hairdresser that I needed to pop to the loo to try and get myself together, and minutes later, woke up on the loo floor, having momentarily passed out. I was there, lying on the floor with my gown on and half a head of foils, lol....and a junior staring down at me saying 'Umm, are you ok?'

I can laugh now, but at the time I was mortified!

I know it is horrible for all of us, but it is so nice to know I am not alone with the hairdresser thing. xx:hugs:

SarahH
14-12-14, 19:35
ME TOO with the hairdressers!!!!!!!!:doh:

bingjam
14-12-14, 19:51
Does it really sound like I'm controlling them then???

Hopefully it means they will come less and less and hopefully just disappear.... I can wish right

Sounds like a few of us have the hairdressers problem ����

almamatters
14-12-14, 20:51
And me with the hairdressers!! and I HAVE ran out with hair dye and foils on my head before. I had some explaining to do when I went back in!