PDA

View Full Version : Hi

jimmylincs
14-12-14, 14:30
Hi all,
I am new to the site, and am hoping to find some friendly advice and others with the same issues.
I am suffering near-constant anxiety, I have tried several different types of medication (Clonazepam, Mirtazapine and Amitryptiline) but all seem to worsen my condition rather than help it, even after allowing a few weeks for the initial side effects to calm down.
I am now just taking a beta-blocker (Propanonol) to help regulate the adrenalin rushes I was experiencing, and Diazepam for when I really need to calm down.
Im hoping to start some CBT in the new year.

Work was the initial trigger for me, coupled with money worries and relationship problems (all seem to be linked to each other!) and now its a struggle to focus on anything other than how I am feeling.

Hopefully I can find some friends in here to share experiences with and come out the other side a happier person!

Jimmy

venusbluejeans
14-12-14, 14:35
Hiya jimmylincs and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: