PDA

View Full Version : So tired, so drained :(

izzybizzy
14-12-14, 16:17
Hi, just really want to say what's going on with me at the moment, my health anxiety is so high, lately I've been suffering from some kind of stressed induced vertigo thing, I had blood tests as I thought I might be anemic again but it turns out I'm all ok in the blood department so then I started worrying it was something worse. Then two weeks ago my Grandma got suddenly ill with a brain problem and died, and it's totally swung me back in to worrying, along with grieving I am constantly on edge, sleeping pattern is all over, I'm not eating much, I just feel like crying all the time.

I rang Samaritans today which didn't really help I kind of felt like the woman didn't want to talk to me, and she ended up trying to end the call so I feel a bit worried about ringing back.

My daughters here I should be playing with her, instead I am hiding in my room, trying to ward of another panic attack.

I feel so lonely with this, I don't want to live the rest of my life feeling like this, I know I have good days and bad days, but lately there seem to be a lot more bad days. I miss having a job and having a normal life. :(

Thanks for reading anyways

popejoan
14-12-14, 16:29
Hello, I'm soo sorry you're feeling that way. I feel so lonely as well, people here really help me to stay sane. You said your blood work came back ok and you're not anemic. Did they look at your Ferritin (iron storage) levels? I'm feeling so tired and I have shortness of breath myself and I was told my iron levels are fine but my GP checked for Ferritin and it was very low. B12 deficiency cause the same symptoms as well. Maybe you should ask your Gp about this? So sorry for your Grandma and hope you feel better soon x

izzybizzy
14-12-14, 21:16
Thank you for you reply!

Ah wow ok I never thought to ask, I had read someone else mention iron storage levels also, I don't know if they did it, they did a full blood count, is that included in it or separate?

:)

popejoan
14-12-14, 22:42
Ofcourse, you're welcome, well I'm not quite sure. You should ask just in case, my Gp said not every doctor asks for ferritin levels. If they check your ferritin and it came normal then it's probably anxiety related. Can you fall to sleep easily?

izzybizzy
14-12-14, 23:22
Not always, it depends on how I am feeling, if I am relaxed and go to bed sensibly then sometimes, but I wake alot through the night and have very vivid dreams/nightmares.

JordanUK
15-12-14, 01:04
Hey izzy your not alone, I'm floating on the same boat pretty much, my grandad died like two months ago and he was like a father to me basically aswell as my father, he had lung cancer so it wasn't a surprise he was going to go but he did got suddenly one day he was fine and had a trip to see lee Evans planned but the morning he was going to go he had a cardiac arrest and recovered but died the next day, and since then my health anxiety has boomed, as well as my job as a healthcare support worker I'm also looking after my grieving gran as I have lived with my grandparents for a number of years as it was easier for work etc, so I'm basically caring for her making sure she eats aswell as doing 14-17 hour shifts sometimes for 3 days in a row and also dealing with my own issues So much so I haven't had a chance to see a doc but lately I'm having stroke, heart attack and cancer symptoms theres not a second in the day I'm not on edge worrying but believe me I've beat this before and had good free years but it comes and goes but dont ever let it beat you, I try telling myself this is my anxiety when I'm having issues and yes it helps a little but you can never convince yourself! The more we stress about it the more it stresses us out! It's a magic roundabout but there's some positive treatments and meds out at the moment and don't be scared to seek help! I never speak to anyone about my issues but I felt some slight relief and reassurance after speaking to my mother who herself suffers and is experienced In anxiety, hence why I signed up to here so I could relate to people! Be strong izzy help is always at hand!

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

My mum was also anaemic! If that helps any!

izzybizzy
01-03-15, 19:06
Hey izzy your not alone, I'm floating on the same boat pretty much, my grandad died like two months ago and he was like a father to me basically aswell as my father, he had lung cancer so it wasn't a surprise he was going to go but he did got suddenly one day he was fine and had a trip to see lee Evans planned but the morning he was going to go he had a cardiac arrest and recovered but died the next day, and since then my health anxiety has boomed, as well as my job as a healthcare support worker I'm also looking after my grieving gran as I have lived with my grandparents for a number of years as it was easier for work etc, so I'm basically caring for her making sure she eats aswell as doing 14-17 hour shifts sometimes for 3 days in a row and also dealing with my own issues So much so I haven't had a chance to see a doc but lately I'm having stroke, heart attack and cancer symptoms theres not a second in the day I'm not on edge worrying but believe me I've beat this before and had good free years but it comes and goes but dont ever let it beat you, I try telling myself this is my anxiety when I'm having issues and yes it helps a little but you can never convince yourself! The more we stress about it the more it stresses us out! It's a magic roundabout but there's some positive treatments and meds out at the moment and don't be scared to seek help! I never speak to anyone about my issues but I felt some slight relief and reassurance after speaking to my mother who herself suffers and is experienced In anxiety, hence why I signed up to here so I could relate to people! Be strong izzy help is always at hand!

---------- Post added at 01:04 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

My mum was also anaemic! If that helps any!

I've literally just seen your reply, thank you so much for it, I hope you are doing better x

worrieseverywhere
01-03-15, 19:25
Hi Izzy, so sorry to hear about your loss. I know your panicky feeling all too well. The entire weekend I have completely ignored everyone around me and have just been in my room crying �� I have exhausted Google and my mind and body feel drained! It just seems like it is one thing after another recently :( everyone keeps telling me to stop worrying, but it is so much more easily said than done - if only it was that easy. Hope you feel better soon and sorry for the rant!