PDA

View Full Version : Reduced Duloxetine to 30mg.

iamspartacus
14-12-14, 19:09
Hi peeps,

It's been a while since I've been back to this forum and I need some advice.
In September I started a taper from 60mg down to 30mg duloxetine. The gradual reduction gave me a relatively easy time withdrawal wise and I am now a good 4 weeks on a steady 30mg.

In the last few weeks I have begun to experience short but intense periods of depression, which ive struggled through with some difficulty. I am prepared to expect more 'bad' days but these are moods of complete apathy often leading to thoughts of self harm and suicide. I have been driven to self harm once in this period and I'm worried that my depression is returning. What I'd like to know is can this still be a withdrawal effect from the reduction? i'd hate to go back up to 60mg if this was the eleventh hour of turning a corner and my mood will improve if I just give it time. I know xmas is coming up and it's a stressor all of it's own, so it might be this. It's just that everything appears so gloomy and I feel hopeless a good deal of the time. I'm also very thin skinned and tend to be snappy with my partner. I hate being like this. Please someone throw me a bone on this one.

Dan

iamspartacus
15-12-14, 22:09
bump

MyNameIsTerry
18-12-14, 06:26
Hi Dan,

Sorry, I'm confused. Do you mean you had a manageable 4 weeks moving from 60-30mg but then the last few weeks after these original 4 weeks have changed?

MrRedShirt
24-01-15, 16:42
Hi peeps,

It's been a while since I've been back to this forum and I need some advice.
In September I started a taper from 60mg down to 30mg duloxetine. The gradual reduction gave me a relatively easy time withdrawal wise and I am now a good 4 weeks on a steady 30mg.

In the last few weeks I have begun to experience short but intense periods of depression, which ive struggled through with some difficulty. I am prepared to expect more 'bad' days but these are moods of complete apathy often leading to thoughts of self harm and suicide. I have been driven to self harm once in this period and I'm worried that my depression is returning. What I'd like to know is can this still be a withdrawal effect from the reduction? i'd hate to go back up to 60mg if this was the eleventh hour of turning a corner and my mood will improve if I just give it time. I know xmas is coming up and it's a stressor all of it's own, so it might be this. It's just that everything appears so gloomy and I feel hopeless a good deal of the time. I'm also very thin skinned and tend to be snappy with my partner. I hate being like this. Please someone throw me a bone on this one.

Dan

Hi, do you have an update on your situation? I am very interested as today I went down from 60 to 30mg as the start of a tapering off.. Any experience you have to share would be appreciated :)