PDA

View Full Version : New year new beginning ( again )

Gemmal
14-12-14, 19:44
Hi all !

It's been a while since Ive been here but my anxiety is playing up something terrible and I always find comfort here.

In February 2015 it will be 3 whole years since I came here proclaiming I had lymphoma and was going to die . It's so crazy too think .

What's even worse is literally those years I have wasted worrying that I will never get back. Don't get me wrong right now im still feeling my glands convinced there's something wrong - but logical me is saying come off it you would have diagnosed way back am I right ?

I think im going to make a point of visiting my gp every Six months for a blood count just to put my mind at ease .

2015 really has to be my year - I need to get my own place , hopefully find a partner also - I feel like my anxiety has really affected my social life especially going out meeting new people and involving alcohol .

I remember being so serious about 2014 being my year and I have failed miserably but this year I can feel it . My new job keeps me so busy I don't have time to be anxious and I'm going to take up activities after work such as yoga and swimming .

Does anyone else have any ideas ?

Anyways I hope everyone is well and you all have a wonderful Christmas and an even better new year .

We can do this - start a new chapter which doesn't lead us down the dark path of anxiety !

Seasons greetings :)

KayeS
14-12-14, 20:03
I feel the same way about the amount of time anxiety has stolen from me. But we have to keep reminding ourselves that despite our health anxiety, we are not dying, or seriously ill as we keep thinking we are. We in fact have every opportunity to make the most of our lives right now and not waste any more time! Let's all have a great Christmas and at the very least, aim to get a better hold of our anxiety in the coming year :)

cpe1978
14-12-14, 20:37
I think this is a great idea. Two thoughts.......don't put a time limit on feeling better and measure success as a trajectory rather than an absolute. Secondly, don't think that just because you want to recover that it will happen my experience was that it took work, commitment to various strategies and above all a determination. Not recovered but a zillion percent better than I was last year and the last nine months have been the first in the best part of eight years that I haven't either been on meds or withdrawing from them.

I have my moments, but feel that for the time being at least I have the weapons within me to battle if I need to. I believe anyone can get there if they find the right strategies.