PDA

View Full Version : It's back with a vengeance. Symptoms Galore

JordanUK
15-12-14, 00:18
So basically Im 23 and have a family history of anxiety, I've always been a clever and 'head screwed on type' except I hung around with the cool kids as they say and during my late teens I did smoke weed a lot and partied a lot which doesn't help with anxiety especially if you have a family history, anyhow for the past 5 years I've not smoked weed or partied so that's behind me I'm more career motivated now lol! So after reading that please don't judge, so here we go.

I've always suffered anxiety since I can remember and during my early teens it was OCD and anxiety in the form of repetition and health anxiety but not completely health related, pretty much general anxiety but very strong!

Now I was always scared of being labeled by the doctors etc so I've never sought help for my mental health issues and believe me they have gone so intense I was depersonalised and basically only ever felt normal at nighttime and when asleep lol, but I eventually passed that and had a good few years pretty much 'low anxiety time' no major issues just general anxiety with no prominent factor. But then like I said I must of smoked a bad weed or whatever and bam I suffered my first ever panic attack. Clammy skin, pale, cold, chest pains, impending doom, fight or flight, the lot! So a trip to a+e seeing as I thought I was having a heart attack and they ran all tests on me and put it down to a panic attack, this was the kick up the arse I needed and since that day I never touched the stuff again, now I'll cut this short to save the speel, I've began gradually developing strong anxiety over everything and at the current moment in time there is not a second of the day where there isn't something on my mind, currently mine is health related as I'm a big guy and I smoke and my diets never been great but with the stress of work and trying quit smoking and lose weight at the same time I've not been too successful in becoming healthier so I'm adamant im going to die basically of something sudden or cancer, and over the past few weeks maybe a month or two now I've had pains in the arms, stroke symptoms , heart attack symptoms, faint moment, shortness of breath, regular chest pains all over the chest, abdominal pains, limb numbness and very strong impending feelings, ( I wish I could explain everything I have been going through but my iPad would dissolve through sheers amount of typing) so basically for the first time I'm going to the doctors soon and get health checks etc done to rule out things and then I want to address my anxiety issues, my mum has recommended me to do so as she suffered the same and has been given 'propranolol' I think it's spelt like that anyhow she has had reasonable positivity from this and I feel I need my issues addressed, I'm even having mild chest pains as I type this, as I have just had a stroke type attack, numb hands and left cheek went numb and really hot so I'm just recovering from that! Anyhow I'll end this jibe here and look forward to any feedback, comments, questions and support so I hope to speak soon and God bless you all in beating your demons!

Love JORDAN!

dac0273
20-12-14, 13:07
Hi Jordan
I'm with you on this one , exactly the same although I've probably had it longer , I've been taking proponolol for years it definately helps with the panic attacks, but not for general anxiety I'm starting cbt Monday . Had to wAit months .
But one day it's heart attack then stroke , today it's stroke as I feel my arm leg pretty much all my left side is aching . In the middle of this i have aches in my left shoulder and jaw then it's a heart attack I'm going to die of . I constantly get ectopic beats which I think is going to cause a stroke . Hope you get better soon x

JordanUK
22-12-14, 23:59
Hey dac sorry about the late reply, I've had such a bad year which I think has exacerbated my anxiety and what not, I'm the sufferer who daren't go to the docs due to fear of being told of something is really wrong with me, or being labelled when I explain my anxiety! Not just health but some of the stupid other effects of anxiety, I'm really really tired I would give anything for one day of happiness and no worry, I hope I can find some sort of relief and resolution. God Bless Dac and thanks for the time you took to read and reply

lukeneal26
23-12-14, 00:30
hey mate feel for you I really do I have things like you feel free to message me and have a chat

luke

JordanUK
23-12-14, 10:45
It's terrible eh Luke, wish they did tablets or something which just vanished all the problems! That would be the day, I wasnt too bad for 2 or 3 days last week but it's back now and the past few days been bad, got to see docs just after Xmas so touch wood :)