PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex day 1. Remind me it gets better!

Goldfinch
15-12-14, 09:09
My GP and I had finally decided that going back on Cipralex would be the best thing to do. I bottled out for a couple of days because I remembered the side effects being difficult and I had a high workload to deal with. But after being awake and anxious from 1.30 am yesterday morning I gave in and took the first tablet yesterday. Within a couple of hours my tummy was really unsettled with nausea and diarrhoea (so it's got to the gut receptors then) and I spent the rest of the day feeling drowsy and weird. I know it will take a couple of weeks to have much impact on the anxiety and had another rough night. Another heavy work day today as well. Just wanted a quick moan - I know you will all understand.

Rockgirl
15-12-14, 13:32
Hey Goldfinch - hang in there. I'm 2 weeks in and whilst not totally 'myself' again, I can sleep and eat again which I think has helped my equilibrium. You're doing really well - I'm signed off work currently as I couldn't cope with the ramped up anxiety but feel confident I will get through this - so will you ����

MyNameIsTerry
16-12-14, 08:19
Hang in there Goldfinch. I've not been on this one but I struggled badly going onto Citalopram and later Duloxetine. They were different in how they affected me but I find the first day or two the nausea is bad right after for an hour or so and you feel really tired.

The first time, I was a mess and didn't know what was going on. The second time, I knew my GP wouldn't be helpful anyway so just stuck it out and eventually it subsided.

Roll on electro stimulation treatments without all these chemical side effects!!!

Use this place to get things out of your head, if it helps, do it. By far the worst times of my life have been when going onto these things.

Goldfinch
18-12-14, 09:38
Day 5 today, jittery and with a pounding heart and a head full of doom-laden scenarios. But plodding slowly, slowly on.

Jayamashey
18-12-14, 14:17
If you can, give it a few weeks. If it doesn't get better then look at a change.

Sunflower2
18-12-14, 15:09
Goldfinch, if it helps.. I feel like that today anyway but I'm not even taking any medication. You'd be feeling like this medication or not, so be proud of yourself for putting up with it and soon I hope you begin to feel better :)

SilverFern
18-12-14, 16:38
It's 5 weeks for me and I'm gradually feeling better. I was so jittery in the early days, especially in the mornings. Try and stick with it Goldfinch and I hope you feel better very soon.

MyNameIsTerry
19-12-14, 08:29
Yes, I've been on my current one for years now and I still get days like that. Its nowhere near as severe though, of course, I know its little comfort but it won't last, it will suddenly break and then you can start your recovery. Just bare it out and you will make it through.

Goldfinch
19-12-14, 08:58
Thanks for your support everybody. I'm just trying to keep in mind that a lot of my thoughts and feelings can't be trusted at the moment and life is probably not as bleak as I'm seeing it, and just carry on doing what I need to do without taking on too much.

MyNameIsTerry
19-12-14, 09:03
Thats absolutely true Goldfinch and it will only be more skewed right now. It will calm down soon.