PDA

View Full Version : 15! im so gutted

JJ_cinap
30-08-04, 06:25
Hi all fellow panickers... Im 15 suffering from panic attacks and anxiety.. the feeling is the worst ever it made me think i was having a heart attack and im only 15. I was messin with cannabis for a while and i think i took so much 1 day it put me in a state of shock and ive been panicking ever since... Im being strong in my mind and its getting easier... Ive let the wave overcome me and i felt better after but the anxiety keeps coming back.. I dont want to see a shrink because i havent let it take over my life but i cant get it off my mind.. I keep thinkin "Am i going to feel it now?" "if i do this will i get a panick atack?" its weird but im glad i know whats making me feel like this. Check out the time i posted this its late and for some reason i dont feel tired is this the adrenaline??? HELP !

Meg
30-08-04, 13:43
Hi JJ ,

..and it will continue to get easier for you. Let it take its course ...

You don't have to see anyone if you don't want to as you're doing well .

Meg

nomorepanic
30-08-04, 17:55
Hi JJ

Welcome to the message forum.

How long did you use Cannabis for and have you stopped now? It can make you more panicky like alcohol can too.

Did you get any sleep last night?

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Nicola

seh1980
30-08-04, 18:09
Hi JJ,

That's the weird thing about panic and anxiety - it can affect everyone and anyone no matter what age. I used to smoke a lot of cannabis but have stopped now that I suffer from panic attacks. Things will get better for you, trust me. You don't have to go see a shrink if you don't want to but don't rule it out entirely as many people find it helps them loads. Take care and let us know how you're getting on.

Sarah :D

sal
30-08-04, 20:18
Hi JJ

Welcome to the site.

Quite common when you feel anxious that you wont sleep.

Are you still smoking cannabis or have you stopped now, as it really wont help with the anxiety. At the time you may feel it does but afterwards is when it hits you hard.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

jo-jo
31-08-04, 09:35
Hi JJ

So sorry to hear you've been suffering panic and anxiety but it sounds to me like you are dealing with it really well and so long as you are comfortable with what it is and know that you can overcome it yourself, there's no need for you to see anyone if you don't want to. Best advice is to stay off the cannabis at least until you have recovered. I have seen a lot of posts here from people who say that smoking cannabis has started their panic attacks so maybe it would be best to give it a miss?

Take care, lots of love Jo xxx