PDA

View Full Version : Headache and vomiting socially - social!

Munki
15-12-14, 18:58
I wonder if any of you guys can relate to this.

I suffer with anxiety and have taken Efexor 75m for 6 years. I've always had a social anxiety that's related to anticipation more than actually being out. I don't get panic attacks or shyness with people etc. I'm fine, in fact, an entertainer when I'm out!

My husband and I love staying in to be honest but this year, prior to trying for a baby we've decided to let go and have fun. So we've been going out with a new circle of friends (and old friends), meeting new people etc.

Just wanted to paint a picture there. So, we went to France to a wedding in August and I was a bit nervous as there were people I didn't know etc. On the first night we all went out for a big meal and I guess I was a bit nervous. I started to get a headache before we left the hotel but still had some beer. Over the meal I had to keep running to the toilet to throw up (this was after two beers!) No-one apart from my husband knew. The next day I was fine!

So this weekend just gone we meet our new found France friends for a meal and drinks. They're quite a raucous group! I find myself developing a headache over dinner. We move to a pub and I start to feel very faint. I headed for the toilet and when I got there was about to collapse. My palms were sweaty, reflection was blurred and very pale, my neck and back were soaking and legs were about to give way. I entered a cubicle and put my head between my legs and removed my jacket - that helped. A few mins later I felt it lift and stood up. I then vomited. After that I felt absolutely fine!

Do you think this is all stress related? I do find it a huge mental effort to go out and as I'm quite an entertainer, I can't just be the quiet one. I wonder if this is what makes me feel under pressure and gives me the headache/sickness?

I will see the doc but just wondered if anyone can relate.