PDA

View Full Version : Schizophrenic?!?! please help

laurenn
15-12-14, 19:19
basically I have had health anxiety and general anxiety for months now. It has made me feel a lot of sensations and believe that there was really something wrong however the one thing that still worries me is my mind. I dont know whether its because your mind is something that cant be examined and told to be healthy... The last few days ive been worrying because i think I may be becoming schizophrenic, I am almost 17 and there are no cases of it in my family but I really feel that there's something that... Or is it just the brain fog? Basically I think I'm having difficulty telling the difference between reality and non reality..i was home alone one day and I felt so scares that there was something there I truley believed it and almost had to leave my house! I feel like in a constant daze, I feel unable to feel emotion or reflect on it. Also I was in my boyfriends and I looked at his wallpaper and I know this sounds ridiculous but I thought it was blood dripping, I feel so silly but I don't know if I feel its true or untrue, I seem to be in this inbetween zone and its uncomfortable!!! I feel like I cant tell fake from real and I feel like I cant connect me thoughts.... Am I going schizophrenic or what? Please help, really need advice, the mind is a puzzling and scary thing!! Also I feel that I am unaware of things, my thoughts, feelings etc I'm getting freaked out kinda��

MrAndy
15-12-14, 19:26
It's anxiety and DP/DR if you had schizophrenia you would be hearing voices clearly and or seeing illusions
Read Paul David's book it will be a great help to you http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/the_book.html

Serenity1990
15-12-14, 19:31
I believe schizophrenia is the ultimate Catch 22 illness: if you believe you have it you almost certainly don't.

laurenn
15-12-14, 19:34
I know this sounds stupid but I do feel unaware, I feel unaware of how I feel and react, its so strange, I could literally look at a painting and not be sure of it was real or just a painting..i feel loopy!! I feel unaware..

MrAndy
15-12-14, 19:58
I know this sounds stupid but I do feel unaware, I feel unaware of how I feel and react, its so strange, I could literally look at a painting and not be sure of it was real or just a painting..i feel loopy!! I feel unaware..
It's a side effect of anxiety and a tired brain nothing more,you can get over this if you seek help.Go to your gp and explain how you feel

KeeKee
15-12-14, 21:18
Are you ok any medication? I felt a similar way when on Citalopram. As somebody has already mentioned it sounds like derealisation/depersonalisation. Honestly, anxiety (and depression) can do this to you.