PDA

View Full Version : desperate - headache

paranoidjh
16-12-14, 12:48
Not sure where to go, been feeling light headed for nearly 2 months now, not dizzy just light headed. Dr diagnosed with vertigo and have low iron which I am now taking iron tablets for. The thing is I am convinced I have a brain tumour, I have headache at the back of my head sometimes and then behind my eyes. I am crying all the time as I am scared. My husband thinks I need medication but I am scared to as the side effects are just how I feel now and will not make me better. I have private health and am considering asking to be referred for a scan. The other thing is that when I was out on Saturday at a party I completely forgot about it and was fine all night, the drink balanced the dizziness out. I am so scared I do not know what to do, it cannot all be anxiety surely????

blueangel
16-12-14, 13:03
OK, this is just my view - I'm not a medic, but I have had many bouts of anxiety in my life for a lot of different reasons.

The first really serious bout of anxiety I had when I was an adult (I'd had it as a child as well, in different circumstances) was triggered by my mother having a major stroke. This made me fear having a stroke or a brain tumour. I had headaches which would go on for weeks, lightheadedness, odd "crawling" sensations all over my face and head, tingling hands and feet, sleep disturbances and feelings of "not being there". That's just the symptoms that I can remember - I'm sure there were others as well.

I went to the doctors time after time and was told it was anxiety, but I wouldn't believe them. In the end, I got to the stage where I was barely sleeping and couldn't function. The doctor gave me amitryptyline (modern antidepressants weren't around then) and these completely knocked me out for the first fortnight and I got the sleep that I needed. The symptoms started to subside and I recovered.

That was over 30 years ago and I'm still alive - so yes, it can be anxiety.

paranoidjh
16-12-14, 13:14
Thanks for your reply, that sounds like a bit of it, I know it is a vicious circle and the more I worry and think about it the worse it is but I cannot help it. I have even been for hypnotherapy. I am convinced it is a brain tumour - I am in danger of spoiling everybodies Christmas.